Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SW IA taxidermist

kjohn15

I don't have an urgent need for work to be done, but I am looking for a taxidermist in the Council Bluffs, Red Oak, Atlantic, Denison area. I am not looking for the cheapest or the fastest. I want a quality mount with my next trophy. The last two mounts I have had done have not been up to par, so before I have another trophy to mount I would like to get some idea of where to take it. Thanks in advance. :way:

Roger Fiala in Co Bluffs does a great job. If you use him you will be pleased with the outcome. But done expect it back for at least a year. Very good but very slow.

There is a guy in Atlantic that does excellent work out of his house.
His name is Steve Mathias and his business is called Troublesome Creek Taxidermy. He is a super guy and does great work. If you have a e mail address I can send you a couple of pictures of his work. He just did a elk for me and it was his first. Unbelievable See my album section.
Highly recommend:way: Trper.
He gets his deer back to you usually within 6 to 8 months.

Last edited:
There is a guy in Atlantic that does excellent work out of his house.
His name is Steve Mathias and his business is called Troublesome Creek Taxidermy. He is a super guy and does great work. If you have a e mail address I can send you a couple of pictures of his work. He just did a elk for me and it was his first. Unbelievable See my album section.
Highly recommend:way: Trper.
He gets his deer back to you usually within 6 to 8 months.

I also recommend steve, also there is Fuzzy's Taxidermy in Anita just down the road from Atlantic.

Hendrix Taxidermy in Glenwood does great work, much better that Midwest Taxi (Roger mentioned above I believe) out of CB. Take a look at his shop and you'll see the difference.

I would recomend Midwest Taxidermy in Council Bluffs also. Roger does a great job. I have taken many deer there and they have all turned out great.

Steve Duvall in Audubon does all of my work. Very reasonable when looking against these other suggestions. I cant remember the name of the business, its like otter creek or otter tail.....

Lets see some examples of these places:way:

You said it, seems like everyone says a guy is top notch. You rarely hear people say a guy does sub par work. Why is that? You know it happens, just take a look at the mounts at the classic each year. Close up pics of eyes and detail would help people choose better

Lets see some examples of these places:way:

Hickory Ridge Taxidermy

DSCF1004.jpg

DSCF1002.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

SDC10221.jpg

Top Bottom