Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SW Iowa Hunter Found Dead

JC Walker

According to officials with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, 45-year-old Michael E. Crain, of Glenwood, apparently slipped and fell from a tree-stand while deer hunting. Crain was reported missing just before 10 P-M Thursday. His body was discovered about a half an hour later, under his tree stand located near the Missouri River in Fremont County. The incident remains under investigation by officials with the Fremont County Sheriff’s Department and the State D-N-R.

Re: SE Iowa Hunter Found Dead

I'm religious about my safety harness, but I think I just made up my mind to start using the lineman's belt option from now on. Sad story.

Very sad, I just went to Cabelas last night and bought a new hunters safety system vest. Smartest $ I've spent this year.

Being a friend of the family. There was a safety harness in the tree that mike was hunting out of we believe that he fell on the way up to the stand. Not 100% sure but just one of those freak accident things.

What a sad story, I can't even imagine loosing a friend or family member in such a tragic accident. Please everyone be safe in the tree this season.

It's a reminder to us all not to take safety for granted when it comes to tree stands.
There might not be a second chance
crazy.gif

I'd Like to offer my heartfelt condolences to the Crain Family and Friends on this Tragic Loss. I was Hunting the south end of the same timber last night and had seen/talked to Mike several times prior. He was always Friendly and a pleasure to talk to. web page

Tragic situation. Don't forget to harness up and be careful on the way up and the way down!

My condolences and prayers to the family.

My wife heard about this, as did my mother, I was forced to go buy a new safety harness that has a linemans belt built in. Even though the Lone Wolf harness is a great harness, I know that the Loggy Bayou one I just got makes me feel safer with the metal D rings and lineman's belt. Safe hunting this fall guys.

That is Horrible. My Thoughts and prayers go out to the family. It really should wake everyone wake up about treestand safety.

Top Bottom