Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

TC Encore

isu22andy

Have the chance to buy a used TC encore from an older gentlemen, has a 243 barrel that goes with it (Could care less about that) and a scope - unknown brand. Shot very few times said its probably 5-6 years old. Whats it worth ? Will it be as accurate as a CVA Accura or is it old technology ?

Last edited:
They've been around for awhile and I've had mine for many years and it's still very accurate. I did replace the hinge pin with a slightly bigger one you can get. There's a reason the other gun companies copied the encore stye. Not sure what it's worth, but they do hold their value pretty well.

What's he asking? I don't know value but I personally wouldn't pay much over $250 but that could depend on the scope. They're good guns though.

He said make an offer on price but he really didnt know what it was worth.

Last edited:
Look at something like Gunbroker.com. Looks like just the frame (no scope, no barrel) is running $400-450 new. So, if the barrel is of no use to you, value would depend on the scope.

Really like the idea of a tool-less breach plug, so if its not in the right price range and requires a tool to get the breach plug out , I think Im out. Thanks for the input .

Update - it's a tc encore 209x50 shot three times cleaned then gun safed .... scope is junk bushel something rather .. 243 barrel is never shot... gun shop said they'd give him $1000 according to him . I'll pass .

And he didn't sell it to them?!?! That gun shop won't be in business much longer handing out those kinds of deals!

That's what I told him ! Go back and get it sold,
Even he said he thought it'd be 4-500 . Knowing some of the gunshops though they'll probably clean it up throw in a Thompson box and sell it as new.

Top Bottom