Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thermal scope

AGM Rattler 35 - best deal IMO! I've got a Hogster R35, very similar scope but doesn't have onboard recording. The AGM does.

Last suggestion - spend a ton of time at the range shooting at hot hands at 50, 100, 150yds at night. You'll save yourself a ton of frustration and educating coyotes.

Two regrets when buying a thermal. 1. You didn’t get one sooner. 2. You didn’t buy the next expensive model.
Do your research, set a budget, and have fun! I bought the Bering hogster r-25. Love it! Already wish I had the r-35! Lol!

Bump - Anyone use the Pulsar Thermion 2 - X50 size?

Really want to try night hunting for coyotes this winter..

AGM Rattler 35 - best deal IMO! I've got a Hogster R35, very similar scope but doesn't have onboard recording. The AGM does.

Last suggestion - spend a ton of time at the range shooting at hot hands at 50, 100, 150yds at night. You'll save yourself a ton of frustration and educating coyotes.
The AGM looks like a great scope for the $$.. I like how you can clip onto a standard scope.

That's my main dislike about thermal scopes. Buy a gun that can only be used at night..

Any updates on thermals from the experts? Or, have you seen any great deals out there? Don’t know ANYTHING about these but looking to get into one. Want good quality but don’t need a bunch of techy stuff that i likely won’t use. One other question, will a thermal pick up a coyote in dense native grass and forb cover?

Any updates on thermals from the experts? Or, have you seen any great deals out there? Don’t know ANYTHING about these but looking to get into one. Want good quality but don’t need a bunch of techy stuff that i likely won’t use. One other question, will a thermal pick up a coyote in dense native grass and forb cover?
Thermal cannot see through vegetation. Pulsar is one of best. All brands have low end and high end options. With that said, some cheaper brands will not show target clearly. It will just be a blob.
I like to be positive of what I’m shooting in the dark.

I run two rifles with Thermal scopes and quite frequently sell them to upgrade to later newer models since we sell quite a few thermal scopes and monoculars. Currently I have a $5K+ Pulsar Thermion Duo mounted that is really cool - lets you switch between a thermal view and a full color daylight view - makes it easier to use in the day and can even open one camera in main image and one in Picture-In-Picture view and swap them back and forth. Very cool feature and a really nice clear scope but spendy. Other rifle has a SIghtmark Wraith Thermal on for under $2k. Not as clear as the Pulsar but much better than any sub $2K scope i've ever had before and is a lot more compact - I put it on a 17 HMR. You tend to get what you pay for in Thermal Rifle scopes. Anyone telling you their $1200 unit is a good as a $5k pulsar is lying to you. If there is a coyote out in the CPR you will see them with a good thermal, the heat signature is hard to hide.

Top Bottom