Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Three hours later...

treerat

I went out Saturday morning with low expectations, thinking I would be planting trees by about 7:00. I heard a tom gobble about 400 yards away at 5:30 and he was the closest bird by far. I figured that I would make the best of it and threw every call I had at him. He kept hanging up at about 50 yards and would move off, so I would set up in a new spot and try it again. My final set-up was very questionable as I was basically trying to call him through 200 white tree tubes and some weeds. He was very reluctant to enter the plastic patch but when he did, he didn't waste any time. After three set-ups and three hours from his first gobble, I finally had him at 15 yards and took care of business with my trusty 20 guage.

24.2 lbs, 10 inch beard and spurs just over an inch. Not the best self-timer pic but I wanted to capture the tree tubes in the back for memories.

picture.php

Good Job partner! I got my bird last day of first season, I haven't had time to get any pictures up but I will here in a day or two. Not quite as big as yours but I still have a 4th season tag. Nice bird! Go get another one!

Gundog

Good Job partner! I got my bird last day of first season, I haven't had time to get any pictures up but I will here in a day or two. Not quite as big as yours but I still have a 4th season tag. Nice bird! Go get another one!

Gundog

Way to go Gundog. Can't wait to hear the story and see the pics.

Top Bottom