Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Treerat's 11 pt

treerat

902Lutze-med.jpg

On Saturday morning, I decided to sit in a stand stand where I had seen 5 or 6 different 2.5/3.5 year olds last year and was hoping that one would come by with larger headgear. After a half hour on stand, the does began entering the creek bottom. About 15 minutes later, a dozen cows entered the creek bottom and scattered the deer. I thought my hunt was over. The cows moved out of sight and immediately I spotted a small doe coming down the ridge. She was bleating so I stood up and got in the ready position. Then I heard grunting off to my left and saw this buck making a scrape. He proceeded to try to intercept the doe, but instead was intercepted by a 4-blade muzzy launched from my Alpine Fatal Impact. He went 30 yards and tipped over after the double-lung hit. He is a basic 10 pt with a small kicker off the left G-2. He gross scores 140" and weighed 181 lbs. This hunt taught me not to lose hope, even when things don't go as planned (which they rarely do). Good luck to everyone who still has a chance to bag a trophy!
laugh.gif

Congrats, that's a beaut.
waytogo.gif

Treerats quote: "This hunt taught me not to lose hope, even when things don't go as planned."

Good advise for all... about hunting or life in general.
smile.gif

Top Bottom