Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trifecta

horkeymike

Wow have i really drug my feet on getting this posted: Our annual five day bow hunting trip to southern Iowa was over by day three. Three days, three hunters, three bucks over 150, lucky to say the least!! Brother Luke (middle) shot his buck on Wednesday evening, Chris (left) shot his the following evening on Thursday, and I followed up with my buck Friday morning. The buck i killed Friday morning came from the stand stand i shot my bow buck from two years ago at. This stand is in a deep ravine and a south wind is needed in order to hunt it. I was in the stand well before first light and saw a couple small bucks the first half hour at a distance. Around seven o'clock a doe appears out of some thick multiflora rose, she is moving at a snails pace and so was the buck trailing her. It took them 20 minutes to cover the next 20 yards as they browsed around. Finally the buck entered a shooting lane, i put my thirty yard pin on him and let it fly, not a bad hit but just a tad back (later i ranged the trail he was on at 32 yards). I sat tight for the next hour then exited the stand the opposite way the buck ran. After talking with the guys we decided to let him lay until 1 that afternoon. Arriving back that afternoon I was nervous, found arrow snapped in half after the first 30 yards. We had decent blood for first 75 yards then we struggled to find much(wind was blowing all of 30 that afternoon turning all leaves over and blowing them around making it difficult to trail). We decided since he was in a narrow ravine just to continue walking and see what we could see. We continued another 75-100 yards and there he layed on the top side of the ravine, what a rush I was pumped, he was down!!! What a end to an amazing three days of bow hunting with great friends, almost seems to good to be true.
794-email_group.jpg

Way to go guys! Nothing specific at all to location but curious ROUGHLY how big a place, what the farm is like, other hunters, etc? That's tremendous and not a common occurrence!

Hopefully he died on the right side of the ravine so you didn't have to drag him down then up the other side to get him out. Congrats!

Great story and awesome picture. Couldn't have happened to nicer guys that are true hunters in my book. Can't wait to see what comes next to top this one. Congrats!!

Way to go guys! Nothing specific at all to location but curious ROUGHLY how big a place, what the farm is like, other hunters, etc? That's tremendous and not a common occurrence!

Sligh all three of these bucks came off of different farms, on average about six miles apart. Two of the farms were family owned the other just verbal permission. Just a case of the stars aligning.

Top Bottom