Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

UTV alternatives …. Mine …

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Here’s mine. Suzuki Samurai, ‘88.
We do or have had gators, rangers, etc They sure are expensive!! & repairs aren’t cheap either!! Here’s one alternative….. gonna put mud type tires on it. Needs nothing. Mid $3k’s to buy it. With winch & lots of new parts. Ready to go.
If u needed/wanna rebuild motor and put clutch in, less than a grand. Light-weight & gets through about anything. My buddy has his set up with a sprayer (& gps!!!!!) & spreader. Should be fun. Super easy/basic to work on, light, great quality, aftermarket parts everywhere, etc. Anyone else have any alternative to UTV’s?
75D914B9-7CFC-478E-8610-D95FA02F002E.jpeg
55A1DB90-E143-496A-842D-2AFA7E9D9B25.jpeg
685AB569-58AD-4327-A460-4C738B07BE09.jpeg

I don't have such a thing, but have often thought it would be a great option to use one of those Samurai's for this purpose. I'm jelly. :)

Looks awsome i have a cheaper lowrance gps i use on my atv for spraying works great!! Pick them up on ebay dirt cheap !!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I’ve got about $8k in it with the tires/rims. Not bad compared to a full cab sxs with heat. It’s also got a snow plow which is handy.

You guys are speaking my language now! I'm too frugal to buy a s-b-s or utv/atv. Especially when I can buy utility 4x4, that I can drive on the road too, for a lot less $. I'll buy a high miles truck or suv any day of the week over a toy. I've had several. If they get to the point where I can't fix them, I donate them, have them towed away for free, and sometimes I even get to deduct the donation.

Are these available commercially? Did you say in a different post that you used it to plow snow too? Hmmmmm...
There are places that will import them, and a few dealers. I found this one on facebook marketplace. If you google “mini truck” you’ll find lots of resources. Checkout https://mudbugminitrucks.com he customizes them and sells them.

I do plow snow with it. It has a 6’ blade with an electric actuator so I can apply downpressure to the blade. It works well on the driveway, not so much elsewhere. The springs are too weak and the blade flips forward, it’s probably good thing though and keeps me from breaking things.

There are places that will import them, and a few dealers. I found this one on facebook marketplace. If you google “mini truck” you’ll find lots of resources. Checkout https://mudbugminitrucks.com he customizes them and sells them.

I do plow snow with it. It has a 6’ blade with an electric actuator so I can apply downpressure to the blade. It works well on the driveway, not so much elsewhere. The springs are too weak and the blade flips forward, it’s probably good thing though and keeps me from breaking things.

Can it be licensed?

Intrigued...what would you be trying to plow that it doesn't work well? I think I would be doing about 90% driveways, although some stretches could be gravel. I plow my own lane, but often end up going up and down the neighborhood at times plowing other drives, some of which are graveled. I am either concrete or blacktop. Thanks!

Intrigued...what would you be trying to plow that it doesn't work well? I think I would be doing about 90% driveways, although some stretches could be gravel. I plow my own lane, but often end up going up and down the neighborhood at times plowing other drives, some of which are graveled. I am either concrete or blacktop. Thanks!
I typically plow a path in my yard for more area for the dog to run. The reason it doesn’t work well is with the actuator the blade is in a fixed position, it can’t come up or down to adjust to the level of the grass/dirt. Unlike a winch that would allow the blade to “float” up with any changes in elevation. On concrete I can apply dow pressure and scrape it clean.

Top Bottom