Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Vaughn's 1st Antlered Buck - WOW!

Talked to a neighbor of the property that we hunted, who runs cameras. Turns out this buck was 6.5 years old and the neighbor had years of pics that he sent me. I enjoy hunting without running trail cams, but I will admit it's pretty cool to get pics after a harvest.

So, I was WAY OFF on my scoring of this buck. We took him to the IA Deer Classic last weekend and he officially Gross Scored 179-6/8 and Net Scored a touch over 172. I must have fat fingered something to be off by nearly 20 inches. My 13 year old has bested all but one of my bucks right out of the gate and I've been at this for 31-32 years now. The little turd.

Attachments

• 20210219_160051.jpg
    20210219_160051.jpg
    834.3 KB · Views: 35
Everybody looking at this post is thinking this- I will say it- where is the tag on the antlers?

Its always nice when they grow when someone else tapes them. Congrats to all again... did he place in the youth division?
If he placed, we didn't hear anything about it. We dropped it off for scoring on Friday and then picked it up again on Sunday. We didn't spend any time at the show.

The tag was on the buck at all times during transport, and while at the taxidermist. (There's always got to be one...)

Did you take the tag off to improve the picture hanging upside down in your garage?

Did you take the tag off to improve the picture hanging upside down in your garage?
I've answered my last tag question deerman54. It's tough telling in an online forum format, but it seems like you're trolling a bit. If so, please stop. There are plenty of other sites where that's prevalent. This isn't one of them.

Great buck. Looks like a lot of mass, congrats to your son!

And deerman54, why don’t you get lost buddy, all you have done since joining is try to start crap

I bet if a CO walked into his garage and saw the buck hanging with no tag on it would have been a problem. I have said before I have ZERO tolerance for hunting violations- this is obviously not an attribute to alot of people on this site. They have that law so deer tags on not recycled. Rip me away guys.

I bet if a CO walked into his garage and saw the buck hanging with no tag on it would have been a problem. I have said before I have ZERO tolerance for hunting violations- this is obviously not an attribute to alot of people on this site. They have that law so deer tags on not recycled. Rip me away guys.
Go crawl back under the bridge from which you came, troll.

Law says antlers but id guess that deer has a tag on the leg.
The guys not tagging deer aren't gonna be the ones posting about it online.

Top Bottom