Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wagon Blind

SouthernIowa

PMA Member
I got bored over X-mas break from college and decided to do something useful with my time. I’ve always kind of wanted to build a wagon blind and with it being late muzz season I figured it would be a great time to do it. (I filled my muzz tag but still have my land owner bow tag) Dad had an old manure spreader that he said I could use so I gutted the spreader till it was basically a wagon. I bought a bunch of lumber and got an idea of how I wanted it to look and got started building.
9967-img_0263.jpg

After I had the frame build I just slid it in the wagon.
9967-img_0276.jpg

The windows aren’t ideal because they’re so dang big but they were free and I was trying to spend as little money as possible. I have some black curtains that ill be putting over the windows so that should help. I put some old tin from a shed on the roof and I cocked all the cracks to keep it as water tight as I could. I also have a heater, some carpet, and swivel seats to put in it so that so make it nice and cozy while hunting.
The blind is FAR from perfect. I realized I should be a little more careful when measuring and having a square wouldn’t hurt either. There are lots of little mistakes and things I would do differently but all in all I’m happy with the outcome. Now we just need some dang snow and cold to make it worthwhile!
9967-img_0450.jpg

9967-img_0451.jpg

9967-img_0452.jpg

9967-img_0455.jpg

9967-img_0457.jpg

Looks pretty functional and fun to hunt out of. One recommendation as I have been down this road, you have already put some time into this blind so you're already into it. Putting some kind of weatherproof coating or paint on that plywood will GREATLY increase the life of your blind. Just get some cheap sealer that you can put on with a roller if nothing else.

Looks pretty sweet though. I need to make one as we have a few wagons that are out there that I could put to use too! :way:

yeah i plan on painting the wagon and the blind this summer. I didnt want to mess with painting it during the season.

Hey it'll work, I don't think the deer have framing squares either. :D :way:

If your going to paint it I would suggest paint the area around the windows flat black, so you don't get the black hole effect. We have a couple of these and found that once we painted them dark we never had them shy away. We also sprayed the windows and masked off an area and lightly hit it to eliminate any shine. Hope this helps.

Very nice. I would second the black paint in and out. Might keep it warmer too when the sun is out. Good going with the little window in the door. That way you can just "Dirty Harry" one if it stays on that side. Kick open the door and go out blazing..

I would just limousine tint the top 1/2 of the windows. Or the bottom half. Which ever makes sense to you.

Black paint on the inside and some fencing stapled to the outside like a duck blind to stick cedar limbs and grass or whatever in it

I would put steel on it..... No need to camo it deer will come right up to it.

Sent from Cooter's iPad using IW

Black paint on the inside and some fencing stapled to the outside like a duck blind to stick cedar limbs and grass or whatever in it

I like this a lot, I never thought about that. What would be best for that, chicken wire? or thinner fencing? I assume you would paint the wood below a green and brown pattern?

AIRASSAULT said:

Don't you have to redo a duck blind every year? To me that would be a headache to do every year.

My uncle has one with multiple different color steel. Parks his truck right behind it. Shoots deer every year and a couple nice even.

Sent using IW app

Top Bottom