Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

When will the Bowmars get what they deserve?

CurtisWalker

Will they get away with this act as well? For those of you that don’t know what’s wrong with this I will attach another screenshot straight out of the Iowa hunting regulations. If this doesn’t piss you off enough then I don’t know what will. I get some of you don’t think CWD is a big thing but it is when the DNR begins their management strategies. Wipe the deer out like Wisconsin.
cbed92b0c6461bb1f5e4cf9635a563e9.jpg

fd234eafdd35ad1c0d53317190c3c25d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know but in my area I would rather see a deer from straight across the river to my area of Iowa than one from an endemic area of Iowa. I get your concerns but I don’t think this rule applies to entire other states, only the “endemic areas” apply.

My comment has nothing to do with bowmars. There are meat lockers around here who will continue taking deer from cwd counties even into their non-cwd county of business, as long as the deer has NOT been tested. I liken it to the corona, some will go on living their life while others won't, and live in fear. When Iowa wants to drop the hammer on cwd, they will. Biding their time, like parts of IL. Hate to say it again, but you guys are probably on borrowed time. Hopefully most of you are rural enough that they won't care as much.

It’s happening in MN, 20 miles from the iowa border. DNR has ravaged the heard. They’ve added 2 extra cwd hunts after the regular firearms seasons have closed. Added landowner hunts followed by 3 months of sharpshooting. Going on year number 5. Not to mention, unlimited tags on does and bucks. My dads farm went from being one of the best farms in the area to complete garbage. I don’t waste any time anymore doing habitat work, other than crp plantings and food plots. 5-8 mature bucks (5yrs and older) has gone down to none. My dad shot the only buck we had on camera that was 5 on 240 acres. And that’s a miracle in itself. I was lucky to draw an iowa tag but have not been lucky in filling it. Take cwd seriously. Avoid mineral licks, feeding etc. You do not want to deal with what the dnr will do when they find it in your neighborhood. It’s only a matter of time before it shows up.

MN Hunter, just to be clear, the mature bucks have gotten sniped or succumbed to wasting disease?

It’s happening in MN, 20 miles from the iowa border. DNR has ravaged the heard. They’ve added 2 extra cwd hunts after the regular firearms seasons have closed. Added landowner hunts followed by 3 months of sharpshooting. Going on year number 5. Not to mention, unlimited tags on does and bucks. My dads farm went from being one of the best farms in the area to complete garbage. I don’t waste any time anymore doing habitat work, other than crp plantings and food plots. 5-8 mature bucks (5yrs and older) has gone down to none. My dad shot the only buck we had on camera that was 5 on 240 acres. And that’s a miracle in itself. I was lucky to draw an iowa tag but have not been lucky in filling it. Take cwd seriously. Avoid mineral licks, feeding etc. You do not want to deal with what the dnr will do when they find it in your neighborhood. It’s only a matter of time before it shows up.
Ridiculous… no reason for it.

Will they get away with this act as well? For those of you that don’t know what’s wrong with this I will attach another screenshot straight out of the Iowa hunting regulations. If this doesn’t piss you off enough then I don’t know what will. I get some of you don’t think CWD is a big thing but it is when the DNR begins their management strategies. Wipe the deer out like Wisconsin.
cbed92b0c6461bb1f5e4cf9635a563e9.jpg

fd234eafdd35ad1c0d53317190c3c25d.jpg

They will get what they deserve when people on Instagram stop giving them likes and buying their "patented products" like their nose button (already invented) or things like Josh's grandpa inventing rattling techniques that were in Outdoor Life 30 years ago. Stop buying shit from anyone that associates with them.

They currently have a federal trial that's pending, and yet look at every single one of their posts and see local Iowa "deer celebrities" being the first ones to congratulate them and share their posts. I think the only way to beat people like this is to completely alienate them from their money source, which is social media. I checked the weather for southern Iowa (where the Bowmar's live) and correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been fairly mild there lately. There's no reason that buck should have been driven across the river to pose for photos with the hide still on when it's 60 degrees outside.

Remember, Josh Bowmar said the *federal* charges they're facing are basically a speeding ticket. People in the industry enable this shit, stop buying their product until push those lowlife meatheads back to Ohio.

They will get what they deserve when people on Instagram stop giving them likes and buying their "patented products" like their nose button (already invented) or things like Josh's grandpa inventing rattling techniques that were in Outdoor Life 30 years ago. Stop buying shit from anyone that associates with them.

They currently have a federal trial that's pending, and yet look at every single one of their posts and see local Iowa "deer celebrities" being the first ones to congratulate them and share their posts. I think the only way to beat people like this is to completely alienate them from their money source, which is social media. I checked the weather for southern Iowa (where the Bowmar's live) and correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been fairly mild there lately. There's no reason that buck should have been driven across the river to pose for photos with the hide still on when it's 60 degrees outside.

Remember, Josh Bowmar said the *federal* charges they're facing are basically a speeding ticket. People in the industry enable this shit, stop buying their product until push those lowlife meatheads back to Ohio.
Let us not forget about the revolutionary reinvention of a ziploc baggie or baseball bat/tennis racquet tape now being used on bows

I’ve been blocked from that Instagram account because I called them out in there BS a year ago

From a guy that watches 0 hunting shows!! I’ve heard of him and I know he’s bad news!
This is what’s wrong with the whitetail hunting industry are each and every one of these so called experts bare non.
Okay with CW screen shot he had 8,277 likes…… really…… people and hunters helping with his promotion……. wow

MN Hunter, just to be clear, the mature bucks have gotten sniped or succumbed to wasting disease?
I think some of each. We have harvested 3 bucks that tested positive for cwd. None of them looked sick, they were 5 years and older. We have found dead bucks every year. But that has been the case the last 15 years. I do have pictures of some sickly looking younger bucks and does. No doubt the sharpshooters are getting their far share of bucks.

I don't follow hunting "celebs" so just wondering why the hate?

I think the point is with CWD restrictions in place, they posed an Illinois buck next to an Iowa buck. Shouldn’t have been able to do that. They have “bent” many other rules, some of the more serious are yet to be ruled on in court. So not sure they are the “poster people” for the general hunting community, but they seem to have a following. I don’t follow that stuff, wouldn’t recognize them if I bumped into them on the street.

OK, they will have their day in court then I assume?
Did what they supposedly do be bad enuff for all the "hate" or is it a (doing 56mph in a 55mph zone type thing?

Lacey Act violations lose your hunting rights nationally and I think some of their interstate charges might be at that level.

Yeah I have read the articles and charges from NE. Few years ago also came across a video of him baiting the 200” Wires deer or whatever it was which is legal in Ohio. Ironic tho that they get caught baiting in NE which is not legal and claim to have not known about the bait. I’m sure they wouldn’t be doing the same in Iowa……. Pretty clear by watching and listening to him that his hunting knowledge is annoyingly thin……. BTW I don’t have social media and sure don’t follow them, just randomly came across a couple vids on YouTube.

Reactions: OMB
Top Bottom