Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

which pruning saw?

deerdown

Bent my Gerber pruning saw last week putting up some stands and clearing shooting lanes, so i thought I'd get another saw. I forgot how easy it was to use a pruning saw to clear lanes as opposed to dragging a chainsaw around.
What are folks using? Silky gomboy 240, corona 10" with sk5 steel are the 2 I'm looking at. Any recommendations?

I have the Silky Hauyichi 16' and its awesome, pretty aggressive. The Silky Zubat has a fine tooth and does better at fine cuts, pruning cuts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wicked, they're tougher than Gerber.
Yeah, Gerber was a gift so i used it. Interesting that you can't find replacement blades for a lot of these, and if you can they are only a few dollars cheaper than buying a whole saw.

I have’s Wicked saw and it’s very tough and durable. After the fact their blade aren’t tapered like the Silky blades and on bigger limbs cutting is harder. I’d go with a Silky and I need to also but keep putting it off.

Bent my Gerber pruning saw last week putting up some stands and clearing shooting lanes, so i thought I'd get another saw. I forgot how easy it was to use a pruning saw to clear lanes as opposed to dragging a chainsaw around.
What are folks using? Silky gomboy 240, corona 10" with sk5 steel are the 2 I'm looking at. Any recommendations?
I would recommend staying away from a straight blade as well as I doubt you will be happy. More aggressive the curve the less effort it will be.

I would recommend staying away from a straight blade as well as I doubt you will be happy. More aggressive the curve the less effort it will be.

I noticed how easy it is to "pull" thru the branch to cut with a curved saw blade. I think many of these hand saws are meant to cut on the pull stroke only. Curved blade was definitely one of my requirements. Also trying to stay under 7tpi as I understand that will cut faster. I'm unconcerned about a clean cut as opposed to a wanting a quick cut.

I noticed how easy it is to "pull" thru the branch to cut with a curved saw blade. I think many of these hand saws are meant to cut on the pull stroke only. Curved blade was definitely one of my requirements. Also trying to stay under 7tpi as I understand that will cut faster. I'm unconcerned about a clean cut as opposed to a wanting a quick cut.
One thing about course, longer and fewer teeth is its harder to cur branches under an inch diameter. Just food for thought

I have a Wicked and a Corona professional razor tooth that is very aggressive on the cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom