Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WI Turkey Hunters - FYI

treerat

Well, this was my third consecutive season of failing to draw a Wisconsin Non-resident tag. In my particular zone of interest, landowners draw a tag every year, for whatever season they choose. Other residents draw almost every year for seasons 1-3 and every year for seasons 4-6. I had been applying for season 1. I called the WI DNR last week and asked them why I was not drawing a tag. They stated that for each zone and season combination, landowners get first preference, residents get second preference, and non-residents get whats left over. The official stated that with current tag availablity and application rates, that I would never draw a tag for seasons 1-3 and probobaly never for 4 either.

I will be applying for season 5 or 6 next year, but I wanted to send out this FYI for the few of you who may be in the same boat. I sure am glad I called, or I would have made the same mistake next year.
wall.gif

As for this year, I think I will have my hands full trying to arrow two of these Iowa gobblers anyway...

Top Bottom