Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wildgame Trail Camera Issues

I have a Wildgame Innovations 5.0 W5E Micro Camera and it has been a great working camera. However, as of lately it has been acting up.

I have my trigger set for every 30 seconds...and it will take a picture every 30 seconds.Therefore, after a couple days I had roughly 2,500 pictures of nothing. This has happened more than twice.

The camera is:
1. Not set on Flex-time
2. IR sense is on Medium
3. Camera faces N or S
4. I've used the same memory card every time
5. I've tried resetting the camera

Anyway, has this happened to anyone else before? I've called W.G. and because I don't have a proof of purchase, I get can't exchange it.

I've called W.G. and because I don't have a proof of purchase, I get can't exchange it.

That right there is enough to convince me to never buy a wildgame.

As for the rest of your issues, is the camera set up in a grassy area where the blowing grass (or weeds or tree limbs) may be triggering it? Not sure what to tell you other than that.

As for the rest of your issues, is the camera set up in a grassy area where the blowing grass (or weeds or tree limbs) may be triggering it? Not sure what to tell you other than that.

Nope, both set-ups have been in woods away from tall grass!

I have a feeling that its something internal and that it can't be fixed.

But I do agree with you about not buying another W.G.!

If you haven't already try taking it home and setting it a few feet from the wall so you know absolutely nothing is triggering it. If it is still snapping pics like you say you will know for sure its the camera.

Be careful where you set the camera. keep tall grasses and weeds knocked down with in sensor range. a warm plant blowing in the breeze will trigger the camera as will a tree branch you cant see until the wind blows.... Also, check your battery life. Sometimes a weak battery can make cameras do weird things. I have had good luck with wildgame trail cameras. they usually last me a few years until the display screen knocks out on them, but the camera still functions fine.

Top Bottom