Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wireless Trail Cameras

Hey guys would like to visit this topic again...I know the spartan gocams are really popular right now but just wondering what other brands guys are using? Need to get a cell cam here soon but 500$ is a tough pill to swallow for sure...I was looking at the spypoint link evo which is only 250$ but if it doesn't work then maybe the spartan is the way to go...thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The Spartans don't cost anywhere near $500 here - maybe that's why I sell so many of them?

What do you charge for a Verizon Spartan?
I will have to check on the price of the Verizon ones - I've sold a hundred or so of the USCellular ones and i believe not a single one for Verizon
For me, the UScellular works so much better in every place i've used them than the Verizon ones have.
I've run Cellular trail cams from AT&T and Verizon for many years and have converted to using all USCellular -much better signal everywhere

Ya I don't know how signal is where I have my ground in Osceola is area. I don't care which service as long as tget work. My neighbor has Verizon and says it works good. Heard battery life isn't great though

is spartan the only option for us cellular in cell cameras ? how is picture quality and detection distance battery life seems when compared to regular trail cameras they are behind in there technology but seems like not many others out there any comments on cell cameras be appreciated thanks

Ya I don't know how signal is where I have my ground in Osceola is area. I don't care which service as long as tget work. My neighbor has Verizon and says it works good. Heard battery life isn't great though
With the latest firmware installed in the cameras i've been getting about 6 months out of a set of regular standard AA's - can't complain about that!

is spartan the only option for us cellular in cell cameras ? how is picture quality and detection distance battery life seems when compared to regular trail cameras they are behind in there technology but seems like not many others out there any comments on cell cameras be appreciated thanks

To my knowledge, SPartan has the only USCellular trail camera on the market
Picture quality and detection distance is just as good as any other camera I have ever tried and better than any other cellular system I have ever used.

I will have to check on the price of the Verizon ones - I've sold a hundred or so of the USCellular ones and i believe not a single one for Verizon
For me, the UScellular works so much better in every place i've used them than the Verizon ones have.
I've run Cellular trail cams from AT&T and Verizon for many years and have converted to using all USCellular -much better signal everywhere
How much does a plan cost? Also, how many pics do you get and how many cams can you run off the plan?
Thanks

How much does a plan cost? Also, how many pics do you get and how many cams can you run off the plan?
Thanks
$5 a month per camera - runs off your data plan but cameras use VERY LITTLE data surprisingly - I get 1000's of photos without issue

$5 a month per camera - runs off your data plan but cameras use VERY LITTLE data surprisingly - I get 1000's of photos without issue
Wow! That's cheap, I've got 80$ in gas each time I gotta go check cams. How much are the cams themselves?

I am from south east Nebraska. I bought four spypoint link S cameras about two months ago. I’ve used spypoint non-cellular cameras in the past and was very happy with them. But I’m very frustrated with the spypoint link cellular solar cameras. The internal batteries included in the cameras are not holding a charge. I’ve taken them out of the field (after a month or so) and I can’t get them above 52% charged while at home. I also unloaded a wad of cash on four spypoint lithium rechargeable back up batteries. But my cameras won’t tecognize the back up batteries like they are designed to do. I’ve also spent more hours than I ever imagined I would trying to get support from Spypoint which is out of Canada. They have given me no reasonable response to how to resolve these issues. I’m in a fix because I’ve invested thousands of $ in these cameras that as of now seem worthless...

Hope you have better luck!

Glad to see this as i was very close to pulling the trigger & going the Spypoint route. I see a lot of good reviews about the Spartan & Bushnell & may look at going that route. The main advantage that drew me to the Spypoint was the unlimited data option. Several buddies have run cellular trail cameras before & if its in a high traffic area you will be buying more & more data. That all adds up pretty expensive. The Spypoint cams have a flat rate unlimited data package that was very appealing however after seeing this i'll be reconsidering. Hopefully other carriers will come out with a flat rate unlimited package & then i'll be in good shape

Glad to see this as i was very close to pulling the trigger & going the Spypoint route. I see a lot of good reviews about the Spartan & Bushnell & may look at going that route. The main advantage that drew me to the Spypoint was the unlimited data option. Several buddies have run cellular trail cameras before & if its in a high traffic area you will be buying more & more data. That all adds up pretty expensive. The Spypoint cams have a flat rate unlimited data package that was very appealing however after seeing this i'll be reconsidering. Hopefully other carriers will come out with a flat rate unlimited package & then i'll be in good shape

I have no idea how much data I have on the USCellular plan connected to my Spartan cams but I do know that I have 4 cameras on it and have never once went over in data and had to pay extra

Top Bottom