Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Woods PSS72, Firminator, Kasco?

Tim Hull

PMA Member
I want a drill, but a decent one is 15K. I hear complaints about the Woods Seeder and Firminators leaving seed scattered around. Currently I rototill, then spread seed with atv and then use atv to drag harrow and cover seed when I plant beans and corn. I then in the fall rototill and then cultipack and then spread seed by hand and then cultipack my brassicas and rye etc? What are you guys using and any reviews on any of these products? I have a 4' plotmaster for ATV and hated it?

• Deleted by goatman
Show…
I want a drill, but a decent one is 15K. I hear complaints about the Woods Seeder and Firminators leaving seed scattered around. Currently I rototill, then spread seed with atv and then use atv to drag harrow and cover seed when I plant beans and corn. I then in the fall rototill and then cultipack and then spread seed by hand and then cultipack my brassicas and rye etc? What are you guys using and any reviews on any of these products? I have a 4' plotmaster for ATV and hated it?
full

Grab you a good cedar. Worked better than my cultipacker on beans. Don't know about corn. This was in the fall with dry dirt. Really shines on clover,winter rye, and brassicas seed.

full

Grab you a good cedar. Worked better than my cultipacker on beans. Don't know about corn. This was in the fall with dry dirt. Really shines on clover,winter rye, and brassicas seed.

Love it! I might have to steal that idea! Then throw the cedar in the pond for fish habitat. :)

I like my Great Plains. 3 boxes (small, large and fluffy box) but it's expensive as heck. Maybe you could get a GP or something but get a small one? (and that's why mine is expensive, it's big). Maybe price out something like a 4-6' and you likely won't need a fluffy box which saves $. I'm gonna GUESS you get under $15k if you go smaller with 2 boxes VS 3. At least price one out. I like GP pretty well but I'm sure there's other good ones. If you wanna go really low cost, bet you find an old drill you could rebuild, for example, find an old Tye drill or something.

Top Bottom