Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

You can't make this stuff up!

Daver

PMA Member
Within the last hour, at my place of business in the city limits of Iowa City...we had a legit BOBCAT in one of my warehouses!

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself! We had a guy working by himself in one of the back warehouses and he had the overhead door open while working up on a lift. He left for a few minutes, came back and thought he saw something over towards the back wall. He walked over there to check and saw a cat, a big cat...a BOBCAT.

He jogs up front and tells us and nobody believes him, so about 6 of us trekked back there to scare the "house cat" out of our warehouse...all while giving him the business about exaggerating about the size of a harmless stray feline. Only it really was a bobcat, OMG, and not a small one! Some of us that tend to be "action oriented" and having a little hillbilly in us proceeded to rig up a "bobcat herding device", which did strongly resemble a scurvy piece of plywood that happened to be laying around. :)

So...while imagining filling out the worker accident report listing the reason for the employee injury as "bobcat attack in the warehouse", for my insurance company, great, I initiated a coordinated attack to scooch the wayward kitty out the door, hopefully in Bonker's direction so he can trap it legit here in a couple of weeks. :) (OK, it wasn't really that coordinated of an attack, but in fairness, it was the first time any of us had tried to shoo a wild cat capable of attacking us out of a confined, indoor space. :) :) ) (I am now imagining Wapsi cracking wise and laughing at my life threatening plight, but alas, I can't seem to cause that dude to have basic human compassion towards my challenges in life. :) )

After a few minutes of beating and banging on stuff, I really need to clean that warehouse BTW, AND using the "bobcat herding device", well, sort of, we scared the dangerous beast out the door and away into Iowa City. Sorry in advance to any hapless folks elsewhere in Iowa City that may now have a wild beast running amok in their backyards, etc. :)

PS. If that dude comes up and tells me that there is a mountain lion in the building...I am selling out!

• Deleted by Wapsi Tree Rat
Show…
No pictures or video? What's the long standing rule guys?
I tried to get pics, but it was hiding and it was dark in that corner, etc, etc. For real. Then...when the beast made a break for it and loped out the door, I couldn't get my phone up fast enough. Really.

I work in oskaloosa. A couple years ago there was a bobcat that wandered into an office of a welding supply business on the west side of town. Apparently it was a nice day and they had the doors open, poor guy walks into his office and there is a bobcat in it.

There is a lumber yard not too far away that had a bobcat raise a litter behind it for several years in a row. Kind of a timbered creek area on the edge of town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I last drew a NR bow tag up there in 2018 and I saw 5/6 of them in the week I was there. This was around Davis and Appanoose county.

Top Bottom