Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Zone 5 NR Archery

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
Ok I have applied for Zone 5 NR archery in the past and it took 2 or 3 points. Things have changed a bit since, anyone know how long it takes now for archery? Any personal experience, or if anyone has heard if it is 2 or 3 points now?

Thanks

Some people can get draw on the 3rd year, but you are guaranteed if you put in with already having 3 points.

I had 3 pts going in this time, got drawn, zone 5. Not certain but think the last time several years ago I only had 2.

drew 1st year

Ok, vman, he didn't draw in first year. Geezzzz.

Do you really think i would put this in here if it didn't happen. I dont know the rules super well, but i do know he got drawn 1st year he applied, for archery. I know this as fact, no speculation, no guessing, not muzzle loader or gun, for absolute certain 1st year applied for archery. He never applied for any other tag. But as you say...it didnt happen. Zone 5 btw. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe he paid someone off(not), maybe it was just a dream.

Ok, vman, he didn't draw in first year. Geezzzz. Do you really think i would put this in here if it didn't happen. I dont know the rules super well, but i do know he got drawn 1st year he applied, for archery. I know this as fact, no speculation, no guessing, not muzzle loader or gun, for absolute certain 1st year applied for archery. He never applied for any other tag. But as you say...it didnt happen. Zone 5 btw. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe he paid someone off(not), maybe it was just a dream.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/Hunting/drawing_statistics.pdf

Black n white.

Drawing with no points is not possible if the rules of the draw are followed. Iowa is a preferences point not a bonus point, the difference is all the people with 3 points draw before the people with two points draw before the people with one point. If someone drew with one or no points it is a mistake in the system . I help about 40 people apply every year this year 2 drew with 2 points which was there third year of applying. This is for archery in zone 5 .

Ok, vman, he didn't draw in first year. Geezzzz.

Do you really think i would put this in here if it didn't happen. I dont know the rules super well, but i do know he got drawn 1st year he applied, for archery. I know this as fact, no speculation, no guessing, not muzzle loader or gun, for absolute certain 1st year applied for archery. He never applied for any other tag. But as you say...it didnt happen. Zone 5 btw. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe he paid someone off(not), maybe it was just a dream.

It can't happen, or at least it shouldn't have happened.....If it did happen, I'm pissed.

as stated

as stated it happened, as stated it may have been a mistake, as stated I just don't make crap up. I can't explain it, as stated iI dont understand the rules as much as some folks. What i do know is he has a tag. Beyond that it it is a mystery. Hell, maybe he did pay someone off!

as stated it happened, as stated it may have been a mistake, as stated I just don't make crap up. I can't explain it, as stated iI dont understand the rules as much as some folks. What i do know is he has a tag. Beyond that it it is a mystery. Hell, maybe he did pay someone off!

Did your friend buy preference points in previous years? If he did, that may explain how he drew in his "first year" of applying. Otherwise, there must be some other factor at play here, Vman is correct that it should not be possible for someone to draw a zone 5 archery tag in their first year, as the chart he posted shows.

Did your friend buy preference points in previous years? If he did, that may explain how he drew in his "first year" of applying. Otherwise, there must be some other factor at play here, Vman is correct that it should not be possible for someone to draw a zone 5 archery tag in their first year, as the chart he posted shows.

Also, which zone? Some of the other zones it is quite possible.

He stated zone 5. Hopefully he doesn't get a surprise when he gets his tag and it reads zone 10!

In 2012, I drew with 3 preference points. Prior to that in 2008 I drew with 2 preference points. Prior to that in 2005 I drew with 1 preference point. Prior to that in 2003 I drew with 2 preference points. All zone 5 Davis County. The real head scratcher is in 2012, my buddy drew with 2 preference points when I needed 3. Same zone...I will try to draw next year with 2 points

People need to understand that the difference between a bonus point ant preference point. A bonus point is one extra chance in a lottery? Iowa is a preference point ,which is one where every one that has that many or more points is drawn first or is given "preference " or a tag before people with less years in the draw or less "preference . Some will always draw zone 5 archery with 2 points most will take 3. I know the person that drew with no points in the above posts he also drew last year not sure what is going on here but I will.

Whoever this guy is who is drawing with no points needs to be outed. He is cheating the system somehow, and it sucks for those of us who are doing it the honest way.

Is his last name Drury???? Does this guy know the governor?? What the heck is going on??? I'd like to know the rest of the story.

And why is it always "a friend"? I call BS on the whole story.....

Top Bottom