Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best method for planting miscantus

Just wondering what the best method is for planting miscatus to help minimize weeds . I've tried about everything and it seems like I'm getting significant weeds in stands.

I normally just dig holes with shovel or spray roundup first in spring to kill area then till, plant rhizomes and spray with simazine over top and mange weeds with 24d.

Another other recommendations for better planting methods?

Do you need to spray and kill off area fall before planting in spring or can you just spray kill in spring an plant?

Thanks
How do you think it woul work if you tilled, put in rhizomes, packed or leveled ground and broadcasted switch grass over the top and sprayed with simazine?

It will work amazing and become a super screen. Have done it
You have followed that exact process? I was just wondering if tilling would bring up too much weed seed that the simazine couldn't control or that the simazine would prevent switch from coming up

You have followed that exact process? I was just wondering if tilling would bring up too much weed seed that the simazine couldn't control or that the simazine would prevent switch from coming up
Yes, except I lightly disked and then drug it smooth only because I dont have a tiller. If you spray it in the same day itll be fine. Or dont and hit it with 24D and quinclorac later in the summer. Ive done both and they work fine

Top Bottom