Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bird population in your area

kelcher

How is the bird population looking in your area? I have not seen this many birds in years. Probably won't again.

It has been an amazing Spring this year.

Good luck during 4th all!

NE Davis County...things are improved from what they have been for years now. Why?? I wish I knew for sure, but I can say that there are several neighbors in my area that are MUCH more active on predator management than has been the case in the past. I do also think a dry summer (drought) can help them, at least to the extent that there aren't as many losses to exposure for the young hatchlings.

I hunted Monday AM and actually had a legit turkey hunt for the first time in YEARS. Still nowhere near the good ol' days, but fair. I sure hope that the trend continues as I really want to be able to take my grandsons turkey hunting here in a couple/few years. :)

Im in a few pockets of sc. strong. But- for 3-5 years I’ve been on coons. I have one outlier farm I didn’t get the coons. Ironically- corn damage & low bird #’s are both bad. Getting fixed! ;)

I have a couple spots with huntable populations that i bounce between. Usually end up filling one tag each spring. They are not great populations. If there were much fewer birds I probably wouldnt bother. Ive stopped going to one place I can turkey hunt, just to poor of #'s there anymore.

Yeah, I took about 50-60 coon and about 35 possum out of the equation the last couple of Falls. Not saying that it helped that much, but it makes me feel better anyway. We took 4 nice toms and I don't know that I would feel bad taking another one or two.

I didn’t hunt (haven’t for like 15 years). Numbers have been low, we didn’t trap much. Last year we saw a jump after I trapped- and trapped heavily. I’m to the point right now where I’m hardly catching anything. I’ve got hen turkeys and pheasants both nesting in and around the property- watched a hen this morning walk across a 40 acre field into one of my little secluded pockets. She never came out so I assume she’s on a nest in there.

I've got two spots I hunt. Decent in southwest IA, private and public. Pockets of really good, pockets of pretty sparce. Very good in Appanoose county.

Top Bottom