Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer heart recipes

Right on! I would guess that the non eaters have never tried it? Wife had never eaten any wild game when we first dated. Brought home 4 freshies from slug hunting and told her to cut up and fry in some butter while I showered. Can imagine after she asked what's that? And after my response she said I'm not eating that! And me being sarcastic telling her she can find her own dinner then. Honest truth, after 1 bite her exact words were CAN YOU GET MORE?

I'm guilty of never trying it so maybe I spoke to soon. 10 or 15 years ago we had a guy in our group that always brought heart sandwiches during gun season. I don't know what he used or how he cooked them but his advice was always slice them thin. Looking back I should have tried one.

I've never tried deer heart. Actually, we always used ours for a special treat for the dogs. We never ate beef heart either, but after meeting my wife, I have eaten it several times. Cut thin and fried or baked, no breading.

Top Bottom