Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally a closing to my 08 shotgun season

Elitebowhunter

This past shotgun season I injured a buck during second season. It sure was heart breaking to watch him get knocked down by my shot then get up and running away from me. While running away he did a front flip over the fence. I did get some images of his rack as he was running away like the darker color and the split tine. I had walked all over looking for this buck but never had any luck in doing so. I had just assumed he had survived and would be even bigger next year. I had shot this buck about a mile from where I live and never did think of him running to my place to the cattle lot where he would later die. While my dad and I were checking our cattle I noticed a dark rack over by the fence I instantly knew it was the same buck. It's a little disappointing since there was not a thing left to the body of the deer but I can still buy a mount at bass pro and do it that way. All in all I am just finally glad I can say I have found my buck... He has a 24 inch spread with 14 inch G2.

08shotgunbuck.jpg

08shotgun.jpg

SOUNDS LIKE YOU WERE JUST MEANT TO FIND HIM,IM SURE A TAXIDERMIST WOULD GET ANOTHER CAPE FOR YOU TO GET A MOUNT DONE,ANYWAY CONGRATS ON A AWESOME BUCK!

I'm sure it feels good to have closure...too bad you didn't find him sooner, but at least you found him. Great buck....tremendous buck!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Congrats on finding your buck and finally getting closure! He is a dandy, and he'll look great on your wall!

That's a heck of a buck /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif If its gotta feel bitter sweet... better than not finding him at all. Great deer!

Congrats on finding him. Whatever you do, try to do that animal justice cause it's a tremondous whitetail.

Top Bottom