Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New to Iowa

Chapter2

Wanted to drop by and say hello. I’m retiring from the Marine Corps and we are moving to Iowa to raise our 5 kids. I have visited the state 4-5 times now and I’m pretty convinced it is one of the last good places to raise kids.

I have a job lined up in Des Moines, hoping to buy a house south of there over the summer.

I’m a big deer hunter, my two oldest girls have both killed deer in SC. We are excited to get back in the woods this fall after chasing pigs on Oahu the last few years.

Thanks for the add

Attachments

• IMG_3474.jpeg
    IMG_3474.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7268.jpeg
    IMG_7268.jpeg
    469.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7669.jpeg
    IMG_7669.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Great looking family there! Thanks for your service.

Welcome to a great site with lots of great knowledge.

Great looking family! Thank you for your service. We moved here with our 7 kids in 2006 for the same reason. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!!!! U will love it!! Great people, great churches, u know about the hunting!! Congrats on the move. You’re in my hood!

Welcome! From one veteran to another, thank you for your service and you and your family will enjoy, what our state has to offer.

Thanks all.

My wife and I met in a tiny Catholic Church in 8th grade in SC. There are not many Catholics in the south and when I showed her how many Catholic church’s were in Iowa she was surprised. We are in the middle of having our house packed up now so it is hard to be excited about Iowa, but it’s just around the corner.

We bought a big travel trailer from Good Life RV near Bevington. We are going to live in that for a month or two as we explore the area.

Thanks all.

My wife and I met in a tiny Catholic Church in 8th grade in SC. There are not many Catholics in the south and when I showed her how many Catholic church’s were in Iowa she was surprised. We are in the middle of having our house packed up now so it is hard to be excited about Iowa, but it’s just around the corner.

We bought a big travel trailer from Good Life RV near Bevington. We are going to live in that for a month or two as we explore the area.
Now that's a great way to get a feel for the state! If you ever make it to the southwest corner I'd be happy to buy you a beer and show you around the Loess Hills.

Now that's a great way to get a feel for the state! If you ever make it to the southwest corner I'd be happy to buy you a beer and show you around the Loess Hills.
I drove up I29 on the way out here. I have gone back and looked it over and over on a map. Pheasants Forever has some good videos of some hunting out there. It looks like a pretty fascinating place and one I certainly want to explore!

I drove up I29 on the way out here. I have gone back and looked it over and over on a map. Pheasants Forever has some good videos of some hunting out there. It looks like a pretty fascinating place and one I certainly want to explore!
We've been hammered relentlessly with EHD each year but its some beautiful country and a decent amount of public. Maybe not the trophy buck density of say SE IA but it's been a great place to call home. Welcome to IA!

Top Bottom