Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SF 206 & HF 304

blake

Life Member
It looks like the House and Senate deer bills have both made the funnel and will continue on for further debate.

Here are the links:

SF 206

http://coolice.legis.state.ia.us/Cool-ICE/default.asp?category=billinfo&Service=Billbook&menu=text&hbill=SF206

HF 304

http://coolice.legis.state.ia.us/Cool-ICE/default.asp?category=billinfo&Service=Billbook&menu=text&hbill=HF304

I encourage all of you to contact your Senators & Representatives and let them know how you feel about their respective proposed legislation.

Code section 483A.1 is amended to change the fee for a
7 11 nonresident adult hunting license from $80 to $100 and to
7 12 provide for the purchase of a nonresident antlerless deer only
7 13 hunting license for $100 when purchased with a nonresident
7 14 antlered or any sex deer hunting license.

I guess i just don't really understand what the motives are behind some of this legislation. First they want to kill all the does they can and want to eliminate the cap for NR doe tags (which is foolish), now they want to charge the fortunate NR who draws an anysex tag 100 dollars to shoot a doe if he/she so desires. What a joke! I would love to do my part and shoot a baldy when I draw but for a 100$ you got to be kidding me.....who comes up with this stuff. Logic here?????
frown.gif

Now you see what happens when people try to legislate the deer herd instead of allowing the biologists to handle it the right way. Legislators don't operate on logic. Also please remember that much of this legislation is being pushed by the Farm Bureau. They don't care what happens as long as the highest number possible of deer are killed. I've been in the meetings, believe me when I say they don't even care if it's done legally. Unfortunatly they have a lot more money for lobbying than we do. For the most part the IBA is the ONLY hunting organization (bow, or gun hunters)that's talking to the legislators.

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunatly they have a lot more money for lobbying than we do. For the most part the IBA is the ONLY hunting organization (bow, or gun hunters)that's talking to the legislators.

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Top Bottom