Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Soybeans and 606NT setting

Status
  • Deleted by tall@wide
  • Reason: None

tall@wide

PMA Member
My great plains drill gives a setting rate for 7.5 inch rows, and I plan to use 15 inch rows. Anyone have a good setting for drilling in soybeans with this drill?

My great plains drill gives a setting rate for 7.5 inch rows, and I plan to use 15 inch rows. Anyone have a good setting for drilling in soybeans with this drill?
Why not use 7.5’s? Technically if u plug the rows - double the rate. If it were ME…. I’d run 7.5’s with a really good pre-emergent herbicide blend.
If you are running 15” so u can drive down rows without crop damage …. I get it. U could do 7.5’s with pre emergent & only need to respray once & just run your spraying opposite way or rows & have fairly minor loss. Beans fill in pretty good, especially when drilled

Why not use 7.5’s? Technically if u plug the rows - double the rate. If it were ME…. I’d run 7.5’s with a really good pre-emergent herbicide blend.
If you are running 15” so u can drive down rows without crop damage …. I get it. U could do 7.5’s with pre emergent & only need to respray once & just run your spraying opposite way or rows & have fairly minor loss. Beans fill in pretty good, especially when drilled
I have the rate drawn on inside of my 606nt. Will try to remember to look tonight.
I do what skip is suggesting... I drill on 7.5's and wait as long as possible to put down my Pre-em. on the 7.5" rows they canopy quickly and spraying is one and done.
I will be spraying this week, maybe after work with 24d & roundup to clean up grass and weeds that have emerged.
Anthem Maxx for my pre emergent. Calling for rain tonight so spraying before that rain would really help activate it.

I just sprayed with round up and 24D.. I'll plant the 7.5 with pre emergent. Do you guys go with around 80 lbs per acre to account for deer damage? 12 acres.....

I just sprayed with round up and 24D.. I'll plant the 7.5 with pre emergent. Do you guys go with around 80 lbs per acre to account for deer damage? 12 acres.....
Seed rate for corn and beans should be by Population. So you need to know the unit weight which will be on bag. In high deer density areas I run beans at 180,000 pet acre.

Agreed, but they give settings in the manual by pounds per acre.
Read closely what iowabowhunter1983 said.
Get the WEIGHT from how much is in the bag.
Then look on the tag how many seeds in the bag.
Most will be 140,000 seeds in the bag. Then you need to do the math. X amount of pounds will give you your population.

Status
  • Deleted by tall@wide
  • Reason: None
Top Bottom