Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trespass fines increasing ?

I'm not a fan of Shipley overall, but I'm glad he mentioned shed poaching in there! Almost 100% of our trespassing issues are in the spring for sheds and mushrooms, Glad to see it and I hope to put it to use personally...

I'm not a fan of Shipley overall, but I'm glad he mentioned shed poaching in there! Almost 100% of our trespassing issues are in the spring for sheds and mushrooms, Glad to see it and I hope to put it to use personally...
Agreed. 100% of the trespassing is for mushrooms and sheds where I am at. Even had to put up no trespassing signs this spring.

Wonder what the trespassing laws are like for fishing. Couple weeks ago found a tacklebox left next to our pond that didn't belong to anybody that is supposed to be there. Whoever it was knew where the cell cams were and didn't get caught on camera.

I’m not a coyote hunter but the excuse that dogs don’t know property lines used as a license to trespass wherever is BS. If you can’t run on a big block or have permission don’t go. The owner is responsible for the dogs.

This same premise killed rabbit hunting back in the day. Before “growing big deer” was a thing nobody cared if you walked over multiple properties hunting rabbits. Deer hunting changed that. Coyote hunting is no different.

I’m not a coyote hunter but the excuse that dogs don’t know property lines used as a license to trespass wherever is BS. If you can’t run on a big block or have permission don’t go. The owner is responsible for the dogs.
I'm not sure what's worse, a pack of dogs running your property or a pack of coyotes chasing your deer in January and eating your fawns in the spring but it definitely needs to be the landowners choice.

I'm not sure what's worse, a pack of dogs running your property or a pack of coyotes chasing your deer in January and eating your fawns in the spring but it definitely needs to be the landowners choice.
The coyote dog hunters have no measurable impact on coyotes chasing deer in January or eating fawns in spring imo.

Trapping and thermal hunting way more affective with far less negative impact to property.

Can dogs "that can't read" be held accountable?
Thank goodness our local sheriff takes this issue very seriously. Apparently it is up to the county sheriff how they treat it. As I understand, ours is $750 first offense, $1,000 second offense, and sheriffs discretion thereafter… unfortunately I get to deal with this from multiple directions! It sucks!

I put up no trespassing signs a month ago and put up trailcams 20 yards in. Pulled the cards this weekend and had two neighbors on them. They’ll be getting a cease and desist letter from a lawyer this week. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom