Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

0-5

Ogz

Life Member
I've now gotten birds for three first timers and I'm still holding empty tags. I have set up on the same bird 5 times and he's outsmarted me every time. Monday morning I was literally within range in the dark when he started gobbling from the roost. I couldn't see him through the leaves but he responded with three, four and five gobbles to my calling. He finally decided to come down and I saw him hit the ground roughly 35 yards away but with a tree between us. He then went the other way gobbling the whole time. I've got one more chance and it's gotten a little personal to say the least. I passed two jakes that morning even though smoked turkey was sounding pretty good. To make matters worse, I managed to get poison ivy all over my head and face as I swatted at the intollerable gnats and mosquitos that wouldn't leave me alone. Is it deer season yet....

Ask madisonb&c about his poison ivy
grin.gif

Sounds like you've zeroed right in, poor birdie. Good luck.
waytogo.gif

It sounds like your real close to sealing the deal on that bird. Hopefully you'll get him before time runs out on ya'. Good Luck

I can't speak to the poison ivy as I'm not allergic to it.
smirk.gif

good luck Ogz, keep at it. as i learned this year persistance is often rewarded. at least you've got a few hunts taht you've shared with friiends while they were successfull. to me, that's better than killing my own bird...

...ALMOST!
wink.gif

good luck!

Top Bottom