Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

'08 contest winding down... suggestions for '09?

muddy

Even though the '08 contest isn't over I'm still curious to know what people like/dislike about the whole she-bang.

First and foremost next year people will pick their own teams. Will probably be 2 or 3 man teams but you will gather your own posse and go forth and conquer. I am tired of seeing people sign up and then not even buy a tag or else decide at the last minute that they'd rather pursue other things. This really lets partners down. This will also solve the problem of people who shoot a bird and then don't take the time to turn in a score and thus screw the partner. Anyway, any other suggestions?

No worries Limb, I already have you and Weez wrote down as a team! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Muddy. I think you have done a great job with this over the last couple of years. The prizes this year are absolutely awesome. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif Picking our own teams would be ok. Three man team sound interesting!

I would like to see somebody tie a turkey up for me before the season starts. Maybe then I could fill my tag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 180class</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to see somebody tie a turkey up for me before the season starts. Maybe then I could fill my tag. </div></div>

i agree muddy, you did a great job! thanks for all the hard work.

and picking your own teams would be a good idea.

how about three man teams scoring 4 birds?
Just a thought

I think friends making their own teams is a good idea. For those of us that are friendless perhaps you can still draw names to help patrner up the folks on here who want to play but may not know anybody else on the site. So you would have folks that always hunt together make up their own teams and you have folks send in their names to be drawn for teams. Do it both ways.

As far as the number of hunters on each team, for some reason four sounds right to me. Gives each team some flexabillity for seasons, partners on a given day, areas and helping to carry all my crap. Not to say I need three others to carry all my stuff on each hunt, rather they can trade off; one guy carries my stuff on Monday, another carries it on Tuesday and the thrid on Wednesday. Then the cycle repeats itself.

Seriously, think about 4 to a team.

The 'Bonker

The problem with teams of 3 or 4 is that the prizes don't go very far. Not ruling it out, just saying it's tough to stretch good prizes very far.

The success of your turkey hunt should not be measured if you win a prize in the PMA turkey contest.

Picking your teams is going to lead to a select group of people winning every year who have good partners who can likely hunt mutliple states.

I would advocate that you leave it the way it is.

Random draw puts everyone on an even playing field.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Benny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The success of your turkey hunt should not be measured if you win a prize in the PMA turkey contest.

Picking your teams is going to lead to a select group of people winning every year who have good partners who can likely hunt mutliple states.

</div></div>

Smacked the ole nail smack dab on the head!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

i would vote to keep it as is.
a random draw is a good way to get to know some people that you don't normally talk to

how about a random draw after the season ends? only the people that have bird scores are in the draw. that might not be a great idea, just a random thought

How about just a prize for the high score team. Just draw names of successful hunters for balance of prizes.
Doesn't matter to me if teams are random selected or if we pick em.
Just fun to see and hear about the success and frustrations of turkey hunting.

Thanks for putting this together Muddy, Good Job!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Benny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The success of your turkey hunt should not be measured if you win a prize in the PMA turkey contest.

So what your saying Benny is that you haven't shot a turkey yet? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gifDon't worry guy...we would make a great team. A cumalative score of "0".

I still have just over a week yet to get it together. I did have a Tom run in from behind me and jump all over my pretty boy spurring it to death. PB fell over and he high tailed it outta there. I got a rushed shot off with one primary feather to show for hte effort. Other then that its been a rough start to the season for me.

</div></div>

I like the random drawing idea to set up teams.... possibly award prizes to top 3 teams then randomly draw the names of other hunters who tagged birds to divide up the rest of the prizes...

Thanks again to Matt for putting the contest together! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom