Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

#1 Hitlist Buck Down in Cheeseland - Picture and Story Heavy

Team Haastyle

Host of Haastyle Hunting
This past Saturday was opening day for the Wisconsin firearm deer season. Like all of the years prior I loaded up my T/C Omega with Blackhorn 209 and a deadly 250 gr. TEZ Barnes bullet and headed to my stand. The morning started off to a great start with seeing five bucks chasing and dogging does. However, not one presented a rack big enough to make me want to cock the hammer back on my smokepole.

The morning then got very interesting when I heard four shots coming from my neighbor only about 300 yards away. I watched the direction and caught movement. A doe came cruising through an open CRP field and ran up into my hardwoods. I waited for something else to come behind, when all of a sudden I seen a big body deer coming out of my marsh. I put up my gun and sure enough it was my big hitlister "Kreuger". He was zig-zagging like a mad man with his nose to the ground. All of my mouth grunts and yells couldn't stop the big boy. Off into my woods he went.

Once in the woods I could still see his big 11 point rack glistening in the sun and right next to him was HIS doe. I thought "Oh yeah, keep on lockdown and stay with your girlfriend". I was able to glass and film the buck all day in my hardwoods with no shot. Around 1 pm he decided to come back into the CRP for a snack but I could tell he almost sensed that something was up and with that he went back into the woods. I thought that this was the last time I was going to see him. I put my head in my hands with frustration.

The day continued and light slowly drifted away. However, within a half hour of last light, deer started piling into the field, both bucks and does. With only minutes to spare before the first day of season would end I watched a yearling doe come out into the corn field, and right behind her was "Kreuger". I settled in my T/C and let him walk into my crosshairs at 100 yards. BOOM SHAKA LAKA!!! The barnes went on its way!!!

After the shot he stood there all rutted up and still trying to tend his doe. His doe took off and he followed. He piled up only 15 yards back into the woods. He is by far my best buck to date and ends a 3 year quest for him. Still on cloud nine about harvesting this incredible whitetail. Check out www.haastylehunting.com to see three years of photos of this buck on the hitlist page.
IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

Thanks to all of my family, friends, sponsors, and especially the good Lord!!! Couldn't have accomplished this without them all!!!! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom