Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1 shot, 5 kills

muddy

With all the bickering going on about, well, EVERYTHING I'm here to shake things up with my latest harvest(s).

It was a cold and freezing morning a couple days ago when I headed to the mail box in my flip flops and shorts when I saw them all clustered in a bunch. I quickly went into auto pilot super stealth mode and snuck back into the garage and headed over to my arsenal of killing tools. The baseball bat is generally my favorite method for these critters but with so many I just couldn't help myself by choosing "The Intimidator", or "The B.F'n. Snow Shovel". I sprayed down with some hanta virus cover scent and quickly went out and around the front door to get downwind. It was over within milliseconds and they never knew what hit them as I am a complete and total badass AND they were completely preoccupied with feeding on mama. This could easily be the highest kill to swing ratio I've ever heard of on them and even though 4 of them were only yearlings, I'm sure they'll taste great. I apologize for the harvest photo quality because I only had my phone. I also apologize for the intestinal splatters but I figured it was best to portray this KILL (not harvest) in a very legitimate way. Rest assured, they didn't suffer, the blown out entrails testify to that.

Best thing about it, no wasted meat, the hearts and lungs will be great deep fried with a side of PBR. :drink2: Greg, eat your "heart" out! :grin:

Enjoy.

5deadmice.jpg

Man you have some great city hunting up there in NL. You dont even have to leave the hard surface and risk getting mud on your flip flops.
I think you should put them on kabobs.

Dude, I wanna see a pic of the shovel!! I know my plastic piles of poo would not be able to inflict that much damage.

Sooo, I guess the proof is in the picture that you overcame your fear. But why didn't you include the part of the story where you stood on a chair whimpering like a girl rapidly texting Larry (afraid if you called, they would hear you talk, jeopardizing your location) asking him what he would do in situation like that?

At least his advice was follow correctly.

Gundog, Larry wouldn't know know how to hunt these things out of a fencd in area, I just had to get it done on my own. Thought about using my Ghost Blind but in the end my signature series magic marker camo leather LW gloves were all I needed. That and a big shovel.

Dear Muddy - tsk, tsk tsk...Harvest pics like that are why you should never use the HEAD SHOT, you really should have stuck with the body shot there. You then would have had a beauty of a harvest photo, but maybe next time, maybe next time...

It does appear as though a couple of those vermin are SHED BUCKS, but with the massive blast you gave them I could be mistaking exploded brain matter for raw pedicles. I am sure I don't need to remind you that some folks consider it very poor form to take male mice after they have dropped their antlers. Please don't let it happen again!

Although I think you will be OK since I suppose you did them all a favor before they got MWD*, what with all of them licking each other and hanging out on top of each other and so forth. I may be mistaken but I seem to remember a brief thread on here about the stand that the IMA** recently took on mice living in too close of proximity to each other. (MWD* is Mouse Wasting Disease, a close cousin to CWD and IMA** is the Iowa Mousesmasher Association.)

Moving on, puhhleeease tell me they weren't near a MINERAL SITE when you went all Rambo on them, and I hate to have to tell you this, but the salt bags for your water softener would count against you here. In fact, if your neighbor has softener salt in his garage and you were within 25 yards of his "bait pile" you are still guilty.

I just sincerely hope that as a true sportsman you found those poor beasts with some sort of OLD SCHOOL technique and not with some cheating device like a TRAIL CAMERA. Note - some consider it OK to set your trail cam up over the nest in hopes to catch your scofflaw neighbor(s) TRESPASSING on your property. It is also true though that some do not consider it acceptable to use your trail cam this way. To be safe, just don't post any pictures on this site of interlopers should you happen to get them.

I hope this friendly chastisement will help you avoid a repeat of this situation in the future. Actually, I think you would have been better off to just ignore them and open your garage door, go back in your house and let a MOUNTAIN LION, you know, the kind with the DNR tags in their ear, come in and lay waste to them. That would have been far better!

Whew, I think I covered all the high points for you, and I hope you have learned a valuable lesson! :D

Top Bottom