Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

#1 target buck

glasgowm

This is the most recent picture of the Dumpster Buck. He's my #1 target for this season. This will be my 4th year chasing him. He's past his prime and (I believe) 8.5 years old. Time to let the air out of him.
PICT0031.jpg

Matthew

awesome deer. Howd he get the name. You gotta love chasing them old wary warriors. Im in the same boat you are except my old buck doesnt seem to go downhill. He just hides in a cave during hunting season.

Thanks guys. On the name, it's 2 fold. #1, there is an old metal dumpster that is in the small piece of woods where I got my first picture of him (nobody knows how it ever got there, probably a tornado). #2 he's always had a "trashy" right G2 with flyers and kickers coming off of it. '06, and '07 both years I got one chance at him and he won. '08 I missed him with the bow, first week because of an equipment issue, then had him coming to a decoy and rattling in Nov., to have tresspassers in a truck run him off when he had closed to within 50 yards. (that's a whole 'nother story.) Usually it's one encounter and he goes nocturnal. Hopefully this year will be the clincher.

then had him coming to a decoy and rattling in Nov., to have tresspassers in a truck run him off when he had closed to within 50 yards. (that's a whole 'nother story.)

So this is THAT buck, didn't you vent on here after that experience? Great buck, hopefully this is the year for you!

Yeah, I think I did vent on here about that now that you mention it. lol He was bigger last year but now I have one more year's experience with him and he'd be that much more special even if the rack is on the downhill side.

Matthew

Top Bottom