Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

11-11-11 Bow Buck!

Bukslayr

11-11-11 was a great day for me!!

The morning started off great I woke up took a scent free shower and made my self a cup of coffee and hopped in the truck headed down to the timber. I got there and sprayed all of my clothing down with Krush scent killer donned my clothing and equipment and headed to the woods. Before I walked into the timber I got out my scent drag and sprayed on some "HotNdirty" doe scent on the wick and continued down my trail stopping every 40 yards and reaplied a few drops to the wick. Once I got to my setup I got out my decoy and staged him 20 yards from me facing me with only 1 side antler to make it appear that this buck had already gotten his butt whooped! Hung the scent drag about 10 feet behind him and climbed into the stand. I tied off my harness and proceeded to hang my camera tree arm.
Yes, I was self filming because my camera man has been out sick all week with Bronchitis. This is a lot of work without a camera man helping! I look like a pack mule walking into the timber, but I made a promise to myself and the Addicted to Bone team to not hunt without a camera.
Just at camera light I had a small buck with his left main beam busted off come in downwind of the scent wick I had out. Once he got in close enough to see the decoy he decided he wanted nothing to do with him and slowly walked away. A few minutes later a doe walked in the same place that small buck came from and milled around for a half hour and then another doe came in behind me and the does slapped each other a few times with their hooves 10 yards in front of the decoy and didnt get bothered by the decoy at all which surprised me because most does hate my decoy!!

The slowly walked away and then all the sudden I heard crunch crunch crunch!!! Loud enough to know it was a buck that didnt care how much noise he made. He walked in downwind of the scent wick just like the others before. He had his nose to the ground and then all of the sudden picked up his head and seen my decoy. He puffed up and bristled up and started to side step twards my decoy. I repositioned the camera to have the decoy and the deer in the shot. This deer had no idea was watching him let alone the camera watching him!! He stopped 10 yards from the decoy and started bobbing and weaving his head and licking his lips and nose trying to get some scent. He stopped with his vitals right behind a tree so I had no shot but was at full draw. I was at full draw for a minute and a half afraid to let down and give away my position. He finally turned around gave me a 22 yard quartering away shot. I let my switchblade broadhead loose on him like a coyote on a rabbit!!! I hit him 6 inches behind the left shoulder blade and took out the liver and lungs. It looked like a total blood bath in the woods!!! He went about 80 yards and folded like 2,7 off suit!!! LOL

I worked my tail off to fill this tag this year and to get good footage!!
I am a firm believer in the Good Lord above and believe that my prayers worked because spending everyday in stand for the last week I have spent a lot of time in prayer!! God is Great!!! Some of the best days of my life!!

The Lord definately blessed me on 11-11-11!!!
I attribute the chance to harvest this deer to The Lord, My wife, and my daughter Klaire!! They make a lot of sacrifices for my pursuit of my passion!!

May not be my biggest deer but his my biggest with my bow!!
Congrats to all who have filled there tag and good luck to those who havent yet!!

Tune in to Addicted to the Bone in Spring of 2012 on Pursuit Channel to see the video of this hunt!

2011BowBuckATTB.jpg

2011BowBuckATTB3.jpg

2011BOWBuckATTB1.jpg

good job Jeremy and way to give credit where credit is due....there is something to that and our success. again congrats and i wish i could have been there to share in the whole thing with you like you were with mine....thanks bud

Top Bottom