Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

11/11 Success

nginth

I took the weekend off to hunt at my spot down south and saw more activity in three days than I could have ever imagined. Sunday morning I counted at least eight different bucks within the first half hour of light. I killed my first buck last year and wanted to hold out for a P&Y. Well I achieved my goal last night at about five o'clock. I sat in a stand I had put up the night before. The wind was supposed to be out of the NW but it kept on changing. I heard a grunt behind me a little after five and promptly responded with a grunt, there was a short pause and than the sound of a deer coming towards me. I saw him out of the corner of my eye, headed right in my direction. He did just what I wanted, except a little closer then you could ask for he walked in front of me broadside at eight yards. Buck fever set in and I guess I wasnt thinking of where I was aiming I shot center mass. He ran off for about fifty yards through some thick stuff than stopped to figure out what had happened. I lost sight of him and started to think that I had a late night of tracking ahead of me. Two basket racks and about a half-an hour later I got down a little prematurely to see my arrow. I had a blood from the tip to the feather but I could tell that I had a gut shot deer on my hands. I checked the ground my stand and found two droplets of blood about seventy yards from my stand. I waited till dark than headed back down the logging road to get my buddy and a better light. There about 150 yards from my stand, smack dab in the middle of the roads was my buck. I orginally thought he was a eight point but he actually has ninth point on the right side. What more could a guy ask for? Thank-you all, for the tips, and helpful advice you have given.Oh and thanks Bowhunt for helping me dress him and get him out of the timber.
beerchug.gif
This truely will be a year I remember.

Thanks man, no problem. Glad to see that passing those small buck paid off for you! Congrats again,

Top Bottom