Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

11-18 it came together

flugge

It has been a long and interesting year. Filming for an Outdoor company has left me little time to hunt myself, so when a family member asked if we could go to my farms for a 5 day hunt, I jumped all over the chance. This isnt the biggest buck I had pictures of, but he still is a great buck. I shot him Sunday afternoon, at about 4pm. I kicked up a bunch of deer on the way to the stand so was just kneeling behind a tree waiting for them to work off. Low and behold this guy came walking up behind me, 7 yds away. I had to turn around, draw my bow, and get the shot off. Needless to say I must be stealthy..after the shot, he ran 20 yds, turned and looked back at me. I was nervous as there was no blood running out of him, and then all of the sudden he coughed blood everywhere. One more cough and that was it. Also here is a trailcam pic of him..the year was wrong on that however...
picture.php

picture.php

Looks like a goodun. 7 yards away on the ground and he allowed you to turn all the way around? That's nuts! Congrats!

Nice buck, and what a fun hunt. Heart had to be thumping during that encounter!!

I love looking at the trail cam pics from the summer compared to now. The changes in body size/shape that mature bucks go through during the rut is ridiculous

thanks everyone for the good comments!! And yes, quite the rush on the ground, I was shaking so bad after it all happened and just thought "did that really happen?!" :drink1: Thanks again guys

Top Bottom