Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

11-19-11 Buck 15 pt w/ Split Drop

limblounger

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Got this buck this past Saturday AM. Lots of deer movement early on and the bucks were responding well to rattling. Called in a forky and then a narrow but tall 10 pt that would have gone 130s. Finally, after my third rattling sequence of the morning, I had does all around and then this guy caught my attention.

I had made the decision a while back that I wasn't going to take a buck unless he was something that I would mount, as I had already taken a doe earlier this year for meat.

After catching glimpse of the droptine, I decided I was going to make an attempt at him if he presented a shot. He wound up walking into a shooting lane at 25 yards, but I had guessed it to be a little longer and aimed my 25 yd pin a little high. After impact, he tipped right over as I'd partially hit the spine.

After looking him over, discovered he was missing his left rear hoof and the dew claws were curled underneath into the hoof pad (ouch). I then understood why he had a limp when he was walking.

Not my highest scoring buck, but very excited about the droptine and also the kickers coming out the front of the bases.

Props to tigejones for letting me hunt with him on a great piece of ground, and for the help afterwards!! Thanks for looking, guys.

Last edited:
Top Bottom