Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

11/2

bmazzo8

Any live updates today? I bumped a small buck on the way in. Nothing the past 2 hours. Hoping a nice one will funnel by me!

Very little activity this morning. Only small bucks. Got back in at 2:30 overlooking a bean field. Hopefully right before dark it fills up!

Had four little bucks harassing a doe this morning. Nothing so far this afternoon awfully quiet. Had two different bucks on the hit list moving yesterday during day light hours. Well see what happens tonight!

SW IA. Sat all day saw 11 bucks 10 does 2 i couldn't tell what they were. Nothing worth shooting. No rutting activity.

Rattled in a really nice 8-
Had him 28 yards and was at full draw while my GF filmed it with her phone. When the time came to shoot - I just thought he was just too young and hasn't reached potential. Prob 140 class but looked 3.5 to me. So he walked away and was cool to see him run in to the horns rattling! All movement after 5:30 tonight

Saw a good one this morning, but was "moving" I think to bed down not chasing/seeking etc. Saw two more small bucks and that was it for morning. Went back out at 2:30, and saw 3 different little guys pushing does around then at 6PM saw a 125ish 10pt chase a doe off a bean field and into the CRP. In my opinion, won't be long before sitting timber/cover morning and evening (bedding) will be the only place where does are. Every doe that came out tonight was chased within 10 minutes of entering the field. Again, not big guys still nothing reacting when I call either.

Top Bottom