Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

11/24 score

BigGuy

Hey, this is Wade Johnson. I am writing under my brother's login because I forgot my password. Here's a picture of the buck I took this afternoon at 1:50. Here's the quick story:
My brother was sitting on a picked cornfield scouting for the shotgun season and saw a couple of really good bucks at 7:00am on the trail of does. He actually got the buck I shot on video. He came and grabbed me out of the stand I was sitting on in a different area and said I should sit in a stand we had only sat in once this year. He thought the deer would shack up there for the day and come back out to feed in the evening. About six hours after the first sighting, a doe and two fawns came by the stand with this buck following behind. The doe went downwind of me at about 8 yards and miraculously did not bust me. The buck came in to ten yards and I had to figure out how in the world I was going to draw with all four deer standing within ten yards of me. The doe made up my mind. I took a quick look at her and she was staring at me. I thought, "What the hell, it's now or never." So as I was drawing the bow with the buck ten yards directly in front of me, the doe and fawns bolted, but the buck stayed. I made a perfect double lung and watched him fall about sixty yards from my stand. A lot of things went right for me at that hunt, that's for darn sure. I couldn't be happier!

wadedeer.jpg

Good job Wade!

Great story and photo, nice job posting both.

Iowa Whitetail

Sounds like everything came together for you congrads on a nice deer.

Top Bottom