Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

11-8-08

StixNstrings

I decided against sitting in the stand in the morning with the wind blowing so hard, so i went duck hunting instead. By noon Id had my fill of that and by 3:30 I couldnt contain my buck fever any longer. I went and sat the river bottom stand it was still very cold,windy and it was spitting snow. The only thing I seen until 5:00 was Canadas flying than "Big Boy" showed himself, at first I seen a nice mature doe come out of the C.R.P. about 100yds west of me working her way towards the picked beanfield about 15 yds behind her came the big buck Id been seeing this was closest encounter Ive had with him yet and by far the most optimistic. Even though he still quite cautious he was a far cry more nonchalant than Id seen him the past few times. This was also the only time he didnt walk west and than north on the levy. It was obvious the doe had him flustered although he never approached to any closer than 30' or so to her he followed her every step and paused everytime she stopped never really takin his eyes off of her. It didnt take long for me notice he was much bigger than Id thought he was from across the marsh. Hes an 8 point mainframe sporting a 10-12" sticker on his left side Id say hell probably gross low 170s. unfortunately I wasnt able to hunt toady but Im looking forward to sneaking out a couple of days this week after work.
dry_slough.JPG

Top Bottom