Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

140 class 8 pointer 1-4

BDAHMS

Be here Now
Well my buddy and I went out for late muzzy and hunted all day and it ended with a 140class 8 pointer down. Unfortunately it wasn't in the way you would think- we were actually done hunting and driving down a level B road near our property and my buddy spotted a nice buck bedded down in the crickbottom just a few feet from the bridge. I turned around just to see him and immediately realized he was hurt and couldn't go anywhere. I called our county DNR officer and got an ok to put him out of his misery as he wasn't on our side of the fence. Got the OK and the guy with me shot him and it appeared he jumped from up
High and broke his back/ punctured his spine. Sad deal- nice 8 pointer and he was maybe 2 1/2. But he didn't go to waste as the farmer who
Owns the land we hunt and my buddy harvested all the meat.

Unfortunately every time I try and post photos on here lately- it says my photos are too large??

And yes- very glad to put him out of his misery- it looks like he had been there a couple days struggling

140" 2 year old 8, wow those are some great genetics.

This property has had a run of 10 years or so of perfectly symmetrical big bucks- unfortunately this guy met an early end and I also found 3 other large bucks dead from EHD (I believe was the cause )

Well my buddy and I went out for late muzzy and hunted all day and it ended with a 140class 8 pointer down. Unfortunately it wasn't in the way you would think- we were actually done hunting and driving down a level B road near our property and my buddy spotted a nice buck bedded down in the crickbottom just a few feet from the bridge. I turned around just to see him and immediately realized he was hurt and couldn't go anywhere. I called our county DNR officer and got an ok to put him out of his misery as he wasn't on our side of the fence. Got the OK and the guy with me shot him and it appeared he jumped from up
High and broke his back/ punctured his spine. Sad deal- nice 8 pointer and he was maybe 2 1/2. But he didn't go to waste as the farmer who
Owns the land we hunt and my buddy harvested all the meat.

Same situation here...shot a 140 8, 3.5 year old that I could drag out with one arm..I felt horrible...but he dwarfed all 40 other deer that were on the field.

Top Bottom