Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

160 plus typical with 30 inch inside spread

C

cherokeen

the buck was hit by an 18 year old from peterson several weeks ago in his moms truck. i have only seen pictures but have talked to several people who have seen it .the buck loses alot of score because it doesnt have great tine length but any deer that wide deserves mention

Cherokeen,

When I saw the title of the post I knew the deer
smile.gif
We had a chance to talk to the youngster who hit it, and see the rack this weekend while taking a break during our gun season. You always hear about 25 or 30 inch spreads that may or may not be...but this one is legit! If it isn't 30" wide it isn't an inch! On the flip side, I also doubt very seriously that it would score 160". The tines are not as long as you'd expect to see and the mass is only average or a bit better. The kid told us himself that he's had a very lucrative offer to buy the rack by a gentleman planning to start a hunting club in the area. Wish I'd taken a pic, but I didn't.

NWBuck

The Little Sioux River Belt seems to hold some good deer up there. Sorry the Cherokee hunting thing didn't go thru for you guys. Doesn't sound to me like you need to join a hunting club. Just spend a few more dollars on gas and drive a little faster at dawn and dusk.
grin.gif
wink.gif
shocked.gif

The buck was hit by my sister in laws cousin. He was offered 2,000 for the rack and turned it down.

Tinks,
Is there any chance you could get a photo of the buck? I'm sure there is a lot of people waiting to see this deer.

BT

Nice set of antlers!!!!!! Could you imagine this deer if it made 6 years of age? $2000. that is a lot of money for a young man like that to think about. Al

We measured him the other night "roughly"
His inside spread is 28" and he grossed around 163. Would have been a real hog in a year or two.

Nice buck..........

I find it hard to believe that someone would pay 2 grand though...................

Good looking buck!,

As far as 2000.00 for the rack, well just look on Ebay and you will get sick from how much people are paying for antlers. I saw a six point whitetail rack for sale on ebay and the auction closed at 85.00. Or last year I saw a mounted eight point buck that scored around 120 and the seller was asking 2000.00 for it. It amazes me that people would pay that much for antlers.

BT

I'd sell it for $500 if I had it, hell I'd probably sell it for a couple hundred. I'll bet in a few monthes he will be wishing he did if it's a legitimate offer.

G6

Top Bottom