Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

181" Iowa Whitetail

houston

181" Interesting Fact page 7

After having shoulder replacement I was forced to a crossbow or a camera, with that said I bought an Excalibur Matrix 380 and started relearning what I have done with a bow for 44 years. Anyone who thought crossbows were not fair better try one for a year. They are heavy, cumberson, noisy, hard to adjust with in a tree and more, but they are accurate.
I shot this Iowa Whitetail Sunday am 8:25 at 30 yards, he was the 7th buck thru that morning, with a 160" class 10pt and a 150" class 8pt all passed inside 30 yards before him. I know what your thinking, but I have harvested a number of bucks in that caliber over the years, and I had saw this buck 2 weeks ago, so patience was key. All of the deer 12 total before him walked in a scent trail I put down on the way in, hanging the drag rag at 30 yards, when this fella hit it he turned inside out went on high alert and was ready to leave back thru the trees leaving me no shot, I made a quick decision and reversed lung shot him, taking out the left lung, knowing I had only hit 1 lung I waited 2 hours, I called a buddy and we found him at the end of a 300 yard trail. I don't use cameras, I locate them in the summer in the beans and hunt them in the rut. I will post another pic to validate my claim, the 3 deer in the bottom corner were taken by my son before he was 12. Hunting took a back seat and he makes his living in Nascar.Thanks for looking. jeff~

IMGA0435.jpg

DSC02808.jpg

untitled.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom