Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1952 Trapping License

Handcannon

My grandpa passed away last weekend. He taught me how to trap, fish & hunt along with raising hogs, cattle & horses & crops. I was looking through some old papers today & stumbled upon this. Pretty neat.

3869-1952_trapping_lis.01.jpg

Thats awesome! I collect old hunting and fishing stuff, but to have something from your grandfather is priceless.

I'm sorry for your loss but I'm glad you decided to share that bit of history. Hope you can find more gems like that to hang on to!

Always cool to see things from way back. Two things jump out at me, first people back then had much better hand writing than people today and second, A DOLLAR! That license cost one dollar!

I'm sorry for your loss, but that is quite the relic...treasure it.

Just think, it probably took about 10minutes for him to get that because:
1. the office personnel (admin asst) back then knew everything,
2. people were available to do their job
3. people communicated by talking face-to-face
4. there weren't a billion (1's and 0's of IT crap) required to put the pen to paper.

If only life were still that "simply efficient"...

just think, it probably took about 10minutes for him to get that because:
1. The office personnel (admin asst) back then knew everything,
2. People were available to do their job
3. People communicated by talking face-to-face
4. There weren't a billion (1's and 0's of it crap) required to put the pen to paper.

If only life were still that "simply efficient"...

word.........

5 ft. and 175 sounds like grandpa was in shape have to put that in a frame with some pic with him hunting something.

I freaked out when I found it. I am going to frame it & put it in my man cave. The cost of a dollar stuck out to me too. I see that the quantity of traps is noted. Wonder why.

I got one his pocket knives, his old pocket watch, a Winchester 30-30, a Tobin Arms double barrel shotgun, a Winchester pump 22, an old Victor #3 DLS.

It was sad to see him go. He was like my 2nd dad. We lived on the farm & he lived only a mile up the road. I saw him every day, sometimes all day, sometimes all weekend. He started me fishing when I was 4. I've caught more bullheads out of our old river bed than I care to count. I could call him up ANY time & we would go fishing.

Here's the only gun pic I have. This would be late 1920s / early 1930s.

3869-grandpa_gun.jpg

And the only fish pic I have. This would be early 1940s. We even have the tan uniform he's wearing in the pic & 2 other green wool service uniforms that are like brand new. We gave the uniforms to my cousin because he is the youngest grandson (30?).

3869-grandpa_fish.jpg

Very cool, definitely a treasure. Sorry to hear of your families loss.

Would be cool if you could track down a few of his old traps, maybe make a shadow box type of display with the liscense, a few traps, the pocket knife and maybe some other similar old gear. That would be an awesome piece for the man cave and something that would spark a fond memory every time you passed by.

That's cool that that was your Grandfathers. I have a collection of old hunting and fishing licenses some going back to 1923.

Top Bottom