Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

197" Deer Poached in Jasper County

Rutherford

Rumor has it a 197" Deer was poached by shotgun in Jasper County on thanksgiving by spotlight. Would have been the state bow record from what I've been told.

Anybody else hear anything about this?

Not Sure, If I were to guess it would be by one of the county or state parks like Rock Creek.

Still makes me sick thinking that some Bowhunter could have had the Iowa Record.

I dont know if any of you are members of the Hawkeye lounge forum but they have pictures on there if someone could post them so we could see this deer that would be great. the website wouldnt let me see them.

Anybody else have any information about this?? I live in the area and am just curious to know if there was any truth to it.

21450-lisk_buck_thumb.jpg

Looks like 14 Scorable Points and he has really good mass and a really good spread - (Barely fits his hands around him. I used to be a certified scorer and I would estimate the deer between 185" and 195" just by picture so I will have to be inclined to disagree and say it could have possibly been the state record bow buck.

Anybody know the fine for poaching a deer that size isn't it more if its over a certain size I think it's ridiculously high?

Anybody know the fine for poaching a deer that size isn't it more if its over a certain size I think it's ridiculously high?

Taken from DNR Regs

1. For each antlered deer, reimbursement shall be based on
the score of the antlered deer as measured by the Boone and
Crockett club’s scoring system for whitetail deer as follows:
(a) 150 gross inches or less...................... $2,000 to $5,000
and 80 hours of community service or, in lieu of the
community service, a minimum of $4,000 and not more
than $10,000, in an amount that is deemed reasonable by
the court.
(b) More than 150 gross inches.............. $5,000 to $10,000
community service, a minimum of $10,000 and not more
than $20,000, in an amount that is deemed reasonable by
the court.
2. For each deer ....................................................... $1,500

Poachers are schmucks, plain and simple. But honestly, this stuff doesn't surprise or piss me off anymore because it happens every year. Big bucks are poached every year and each year dumb asses get caught. Have fun paying those fines and losing your hunting rights!

gotta love the classy truck bed picture too... but hey i guess when you spotlight em its tough to get good in the field pics..what a bunch of dirt balls.
It baffles me as to how that is even fun? to me what makes it worth doing is the time, effort and the challenge of the hunt.. just another self proclaimed redneck and proud zero who gives hunters a bad name even though he is poaching scum

Taken from DNR Regs

1. For each antlered deer, reimbursement shall be based on
the score of the antlered deer as measured by the Boone and
Crockett club’s scoring system for whitetail deer as follows:
(a) 150 gross inches or less...................... $2,000 to $5,000
community service, a minimum of $4,000 and not more
than $10,000, in an amount that is deemed reasonable by
the court.
(b) More than 150 gross inches.............. $5,000 to $10,000
community service, a minimum of $10,000 and not more
than $20,000, in an amount that is deemed reasonable by
the court.
2. For each deer ....................................................... $1,500

Didn't it used to say "$1000/inch over 200" or something like that?

Either way, the statutes do no good if the courts don't follow them. What did it cost the kid that shot the 220"+ deer in SW Iowa awhile back? A good lawyer and a jury of your "peers", (farmers), goes a long way.

Looks like 14 Scorable Points and he has really good mass and a really good spread - (Barely fits his hands around him. I used to be a certified scorer and I would estimate the deer between 185" and 195" just by picture so I will have to be inclined to disagree and say it could have possibly been the state record bow buck.

That buck is not even close for typical with his deductions and nowhere close to the 270+ to be the non-typical state record. Huge deer and big dumb ass poacher though.

Top Bottom