Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st Bow Kill

Tyler2004

well I started off the year by my bow getting stolen. Just when I had enough money to buy another one, my brother tags out on a nice nine Oct 24. So he let me borrow his bow for the rest of the season. After I sighted in his bow, I finally had the chance in getting into the woods.

On Nov 2nd I made my way to a stand that we had high hopes for, because we have gotton some good trail cam pics from the area. I got into the stand around 2:30 and as i was putting an arrow on my bow a small button buck made his way from the woods to an unpicked corn field. Around three a flock of toms feed in the area and made their way to the field also. After the toms were in the feild aways i decided to rattle, I rattled for about 30 seconds and set the antlers down and looked into the tree line in the middle of the corn field where i say a tall eight pointer making his way down to me making two scrapes and before u know it he was in my twenty yard shooting lane i was ready to take the shot when movement caught my eye it was this big ten making a scrape right where the eight did. In hopes he would take the same path i waited and a few minutes later he was in the twenty yard shooting lane. I grunted to get him to stop as i grunted he turned and looked right in my direction, he gave me a quartering to shot, so i slipped my 100 grain Grim Reaper right infront of his shoulderblade the arrow only went in three inches. My heart sank, thinking that i hit his blade, he ran where he came from and it looked like he bedded down fifty yards away. I was extremely nervous so i waited and then got down from my stand and went home. I decided that the way the arrow looked i was going to let him lay overnite. early the next morning we went trailing this big guy. Right where he i thought he bedded down, he had crashed my arrow went into his heart an inch. Finally after my five years of bowhunting i have harvest a deer with my bow It was well worth the wait He is a basic ten pointer with a deep fork g2 with a sticker under the fork I shot him at 4:30 http://www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/data/539/11991st_bow_kill_and_den-med.jpg
11991st_bow_kill-med.jpg
11991st_bow_kill_shed_lane-med.jpg

Congrats on the first bowkill!

Curious, whys there 2 arrows struck at the backpack like pin cushion lol.

That's not just a good first buck...that's a good ANY buck! Congrats!!
smile.gif

Great buck buddy, congrats. I hunted 10 years before I got a buck like that, WOW! You are doing very, very well. Did you keep his heart?
grin.gif

Wow you will never forget your first bow harvest. Plus to have it be a buck and such a beautiful one is just awesome. Makes up (somewhat) for your bow being stolen... Congrats to you
beerchug.gif

Top Bottom