Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st buck new farm!

Wi transplant

PMA Member
Well as many of you read my prior posts i went through a divorce this past yr and judge orderd my farm i bought in 2018 sold and divided in divorce !! This happend in june! So i started farm shopping and ooooh shit ! Sticker shock!! Prices were and still are insane ! More than double what i paid in 2018! So yes i got a good price for mine but for now i searched for a really nice 40 to hunt on ! I found one and closed in aug. All the fields were freshly hayed off so no food at all! And with nasty drought in my area i whipped out 800 lbs of winter rye and some clover and prayed! This first yr i put up a box on the east fence line with a big corn field across the fence and decided bassicly not to step foot on as much of the 40 as i could to act as a sanctuary!! I came close several times with the bow on a mature buck but just didnt happen! But my sanctuary plan worked and started collecting more n more deer and bucks!! Dec 10th i saw 14 different bucks on my pc but no mature shooter . At 1:20 am i got a pic that a certain 10pt was back! And i went out evening of the 11th and my plan paid off!! Kinda a long shot for the .450 but center punched him and he went 20 yrds!! Looking forward to January to start habitat projects on farm !! Im have rob from midwest habitat drill in some rc big rock swith in spring and with some tsi i work big things to come on a small farm !
5f985d82753c240fc4a9f4e3cb0a540c.jpg
71318a0ac9d89eb01f676ce9d58ef909.jpg
60597f0c1fec9cb84dd94561725ba2e3.jpg
d2ae283fb6ea2f09ae1cab1c01bf1ddc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Congrats! Beautiful deer and that property looks cool. Lots of fun work ahead on that place but looks like you have the right deer around.

Top Bottom