Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st cam question...

iatreehugger

PMA Member
I know this has been asked a million times, but they keep coming out with new ones, and I haven't bit the bullet yet...just wondering what you would recommend when you combine price, quality, and battery life...thanks a bunch!!!

new bushnells have good reviews, trailcampro.com is pretty good source to start at. I have Moultries and Cuddebacks, neither of which are the best but cost effective. Going all in on the Reconyx next, just depends on what you need as far as battery life, trigger speed, motion detector area, etc...

Moultrie D50's and D55. Batteries last over 2 months take 5megapixel pictures, trigger speed isn't really fast but good enough. O did i mention there under 100 bucks. My eyes the more is better .

Moultrie D50's and D55. Batteries last over 2 months take 5megapixel pictures, trigger speed isn't really fast but good enough. O did i mention there under 100 bucks. My eyes the more is better .

yep!!! ..............................................:way:

Say NO to Cuddebacks....

'nother vote for D55s, best cam for the money...

I highly recommend reading the reviews on Chasingame.com before deciding what to chose.

Chasingame.com

Most of my cams are homebrews but a friend and I each have two 2010 Bushnells and one HCO Scoutguard a piece as well.

They are nearly identical cams except that Bushnell has some flawed software in their 2010 models that cause very blurry pics like this

Blurredbuck.jpg

The software can be updated and it does help that issue somewhat. The other problem Bushnell is having is runaway cams....they just take pics non-stop.

Because they have thousands of faulty cams out there it can take as much as 4 months to get one replaced and then one often gets another faulty cam! One guy has received 4 bad cams in a row! :eek:

3 of ours have to have software updated and one has runaway issues but since the rut is at hand we are limping along with them as is.

The HCO Scoutguard 560V is another story...and they get rave reports by comparison. My first one had a short in it but HCO promptly sent me a new one and the two we have have worked flawlessly thus far.

CIMG0680.jpg

Both cams will last 6 months on regular dbl AA batteries and a year on lithium so that is a huge plus!

We have bought several off Ebay and prices are often pretty reasonable....search "bushnell trophy cam" and "ScoutGuard 560" and then compare to local sources or Cabela's with shipping.

I really like this handy little mount for these cams also...

Angle Tree Mount / Bracket

Here's one I have mounted with a 2010 Bushnell cam on it

IMG_0012.jpg

Daytime pic with Scoutguard

IMAG0034.jpg

Night

B1-5.jpg

2010 Bushnell with updated software

B5-3.jpg

B7-1.jpg

Non-updated software (is not a problem in the day time)

B1-2.jpg

and not a problem at night if the animal isn't moving

PICT0004.jpg

The Bushnell has a viewer screen built in so you can adjust settings and the Scoutguard requires a small plugin device that is equally simple to operate.

HCO-Scoutguard

2010 Bushnell Trophy Cam

Lot a camera for at a reasonable price...don't forget SD cards as well...:way:

Top Bottom