Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st card pull after 3 months WOW!!

Liv4Rut

Yep, I got 6 pictures total of me walking up to the camera in the past 3 months. It is going to be a great year. :(

Evidently someone has found my camera and been checking it and deleting photos for me. I had about 30 on there from the start and they are gone. The trails in front of it are sandy and they are solid deer tracks, rubs / scrapes all around the camera. The camera worked fine when I walked up to it. Took my pictures perfect. The only thing I can think of is someone is checking it. Strange........

I did put a camlock box on the camera and there is no way they are getting at the SD card now so we will see. If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. On the bright side, my camera was still there and working.

Goodluck guys!!

That's stupid? Why would you find a trail cam and check the pictures and trespass like once every two weeks? Also, looks like you missed seeing the person by a few hours or less.

hmm.. that's weird.. I would've left it unlocked so it wouldn't alert them that you know something is up and hide another camera nearby and catch them in the act.... otherwise, you leave that thing out for another long period of time like that, they'll have enough time to cut your cable with a wooded spoon

AIRASSAULT said:
hmm.. that's weird.. I would've left it unlocked so it wouldn't alert them that you know something is up and hide another camera nearby and catch them in the act.... otherwise, you leave that thing out for another long period of time like that, they'll have enough time to cut your cable with a wooded spoon

I second this idea, I'd personaly take my camera down and not even worry about a lock box.

Who knows what happened. Maybe nobody is messing with it. I just find it odd that the pictures that were on the SD card are gone and it took 6 pictures of me perfectly walking up to it even farther away than all the deer trails. The batterly life was at 72% the last time I checked in july and it was down to the low 30% so I would think it had to be taking pictures. I even powered off and on several times and took many pictures of me walking in front of it with no flaws.

When I hung up the lockbox I didn't even think of it. I was so confused I didn't even think that it could be somebody tampering with it until I was half way home. It is very hard to believe because it is kind of out in BFE and I also find it hard to believe someone in that area would have something portable to check it.

I thought maybe the camera was messing up and only triggering on something as large as myself but a big buck should have a wider profile than me and it doesn't explain the pictures that are not on the card any more.

Who knows what happened. I guess if my camera is gone then I will know someone was messing with it. I am going to check it next week to see if it is working properly. I did hang another one near by but the problem is I didn't really try to hide it at all.

Now that you locked it, they will probably cut the cable or if they can't they will break the camera trying to get the card out so they don't get busted. I sometimes think the best policy is to leave it unlocked and hope that they are just nice enough to take the card. This guy must be super considerate to at least erase the card and get it back in the cam for you. If he were really nice, he'd just copy all the pictures, delete the ones of him and put it back.

Hope you can catch the guy..

I am hoping now that bow season is here nobody will be down there. Everyone in the area knows we could be there at any time and I bet nobody will risk it. Especially since on of our stands is 30 yards away. There is stands all over the farm and not one has ever been touched that is why this is confusing.

I am hoping it is just the people that are living in the old farm house. They moved in last year and there dogs run our place like no tomorrow. We pretty much threatened to shoot them last year if we catch them on our ground since they are running deer non stop all day, every day. maybe he was down looking for his dogs and got caught on it and didn't want us to know. It sucks though, you really can't even hunt the place any more with their dogs in there every day and it is only about 90 acres of timber.

I had a very similar problem this year and assumed the same thing, but eventually found out I had a bad card circulating around a few cameras... it would take a few pix, but after that it would stop... kinda crappy when that happens

Those pictures may still be on the card even if deleted. Try a picture recovery down load. I think IowaBucks has done it before.

The cam I got that's messing up is moultrie but not the m80, mines like the I-40. It worked good til this year and il get a couple of pictures of me and a maybe 5 pictures of deer and that's it.

Srry get something wireless to view it from ur house and see if the camera is working then catch the guy

indiana boy

jamesfry said:
Srry get something wireless to view it from ur house and see if the camera is working then catch the guy

indiana boy

Can you actually but something to put on the camera and it sends it to your comp, or do you have to buy the camera that sends it?

They have trail cams with a built in cell phone that can send you pics via sms text and email. only problem is you have to purchase a sim card which will likely carry a montly fee with your cell carrier. by the way i only know two carriers that use sim cards - tmobile and att - both tend to have ridiculous rates when compared to similar plans with verizon or sprint

Bring the card home and download Pandora Recovery and give it a try. There are also plenty of other free ones out there. Who knows, maybe theres even a picture of the bassturd on there.

Top Bottom