Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st muzzy buck

jeremy217

Got my first muzzle loader buck this afternoon, seen a few does and finally after about 30mins this guy came out behind her, after getting sit up on him and waiting on him to get in the opening that I can get a shot, I let the traditions canyon bark. He then ran towards the corn field and down the edge of it, before turning into the corn, I could hear what I thought was him crashing in the corn. I got down and went to the spot where he was standing only to find no blood anywhere, after walking the way he ran I found a small spot of blood next to the corn and then he started painting the ground and corn stalks, I found him about 15yds into the corn and about 45yds from where i shot him, Not only is this my first muzzy buck but also the first deer Ive shot with a gun in 15yrs since moving to Iowa,

muzzybuck2012_zps0f3de08d.jpg

Congrats...I was afraid the first weekend of ML season would end with no harvest photos :way:

NWBuck

Congrats big brother. So how did it feel to have a kick when you pulled the trigger?

I would of rather put a arrow threw him, but good time no the less. Think i might leave shooting deer with a gun up to the kids but we'll see. You just never no

Way to get it done! I've always thought about going early muzzy, but never had the time to do it. There seem to be a lot of nice ones dying already this year. Looks like you put a perfect shot on him. Congrats!

I would of rather put a arrow threw him, but good time no the less. Think i might leave shooting deer with a gun up to the kids but we'll see. You just never no

Nothing beats the feeling of knowing you had to wait till the deer was close enough to get a good shot on it with the bow.

Top Bottom