Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1st Season

Delco Hunter

1st season shotgun is this weekend, just wondering who's all going? Are you hunting with a group or sitting? I'm hunting with a group of close family members, should be a good weekend (not too warm). Hopefully we can get some pictures of bucks taken throughout Iowa on here from 1st season. Good luck to all!

Will be going with my family. It's a tradition that we ve been doing for as long as I could ever remember. Hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend!!!!!

Sitting in the blind all weekend. Usually a couple groups around me hunt so they will stir some deer up since I'm more in a travel corridor area versus a place that holds deer. We use to have a small group but lost several of our hunting areas so we all sit now days. I miss the slow deer drives and posting we use to do, but don't miss all the walking, cold feet, hands, sitting out in the cold, wet, windy, snowy, or rainy conditions versus being warm and dry inside the blind. I guess that comes with getting older.

Will be out with Dad, a brother and his wife, an uncle and our farm tenant. Sit most of the day Saturday and Sunday with a couple of still hunt drives on some neighboring sloughs. Me and my brother have Monday through Wednesday off also thanks to work giving me a weeks notice that I had 4 days of vacation I had to use before Christmas. Good luck to everyone and stay safe.

I'll be out with our small family group. Hopefully it isn't terribly muddy, as I usually walk a lot. Last year my phone figured I walked just over 55 miles and we were done at noon on Wednesday. Good luck and be safe everyone.

I'm thinking about trying 1st season. Which season do you guys think gets the most pressure? Good luck to all and I hope everyone has a safe hunt.

Just depends if your hunting public or private. Most of the public gets hammered during both seasons.

If u can find a good piece of private that doesn't get hunted during either season. That's your best bet if u wanna sit somewhere.

Can't make it this year, but I do think first season is a great time to be out, especially if you have a farm that does not get pushed.

The deer get pushed and file in. They figure it out that this feels much safer than having ten guys walking the cover and pushing them around.

I will be out with my group first season- looking forward to it! also hoping Curly finds a big hole and hides in it for the next month

Headed to the Loess Hills Little Sioux unit with some family and long time friends. Always a great time no matter what we shoot, or don't!

I'll be out with our normal group of friends and family. It's all on private land but the way the neighbors push we have to react. We usually sit until 10 or so then make a push ourselves. Not the way I want to do it but it's more about the people you're with than the actual hunting. We did 2nd season a few years ago and it was worthless. Mostly due to the deer getting run harder than the rut.

Given all that I still look forward to shotgun season every year just for the comradery.

Top Bottom