Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2 big bucks

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
Lets say that there is a buck under your stand and you would shoot him any other day. but you see another EVEN BIGGER buck a ways off that MIGHT come to your stand. What would you do?/

I for one would only have to worry about this scenario if i replaced "bucks" with the word "does" because I only shoot little deer.

I would wait for the bigger one.

But then they would both spook and I wouldnt see either of them again.

That is my luck!
grin.gif
grin.gif

I've been in this situation before, the big buck didn't come close enough for a shot and the other buck left. If I had to do it again I'd wait for the big boy.

Wait for the biggun.

I'd rather not shoot the smaller one than have nightmares of what could have happened if I had shot the smaller deer.

I have had it happen too many times and each time the big buck never came my way. I always wait, but in the process I have passed up deer bigger than I have ever shot doing it
blush.gif
doesn't make much sense to me
grin.gif

i honestly couldnt say for sure till im in the situation. if the "smaller" buck is bigger than anything i have shot. i probably wouldnt be greedy and kill the biggest buck of my life.

Not that you guys are greedy to pass one for a bigger one, just if i did, id not fill my tag and be bummed for passing a great deer.

so id kill it.....

thats why I carry a camera. I would probably take pictures of the bucks and shoot the doe they are following.

but then, where I hunt I dont have any big bucks around, so I don't have to worry about that.

Jack

Funny cuz that was about 50 yards from happening for me and about 30 yards from happening for my dad out in WY last week....but in the end, neither came close enough. That's usually how it goes for me.

I'd wake up and realize that I'm just dreaming. I never see bucks big enough to shoot from my stands.

The 'Bonker

[ QUOTE ]
I would wait for the bigger one.

But then they would both spook and I wouldnt see either of them again.

That is my luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

SAME HERE!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Wait for the biggun.

I'd rather not shoot the smaller one than have nightmares of what could have happened if I had shot the smaller deer.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would be happy just to be in the position of having to make the choice.
grin.gif
but agree on waiting for the big guy.

Wait for the bigger one. Then when the nice one you let go, goes 1 way and the bigger 1 goes another way and you dont shoot anything you can tell everyone you "passed that biggun."

Dean

Set your goals at the start of the season. If the buck under the tree is at your expectations then nail em. What you can't get a shot on doesn't matter so just enjoy. If the buck under your tree doesnt fit your expectations then you have a free decoy.

Take the close one, and hope the other doesn't get startled, and comes in to investigate, and take him also. (well, a guy can dream can't he?)

Hoody

Top Bottom